• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

While My Guitar Gently Weeps, The Analogues

marshall1987

The Analogues are a Dutch group that are dedicated to performing live Beatles music from their catalogue beginning with the seminal album Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

In this video they perform a brilliant rendition of "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" from the White Album as I recall. IMO the lead guitar player knocks it out of the park.

<iframe width="966" height="543" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/M_8ZvdIAR2Y?list=RDzB-_kESxVR8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

corpse

One of my all time favorites.
You're right- he killed it.

K_L

That was fantastic--thank you! I only wish that whoever videoed this would have included the lead guitarist.

Curious Mike

When they speak with the audience between songs they use Dutch, I wonder how the language difference affects the average listener? I feel fortunate not to have missed any of these songs meaning thru the years...Mike

Triburst

I had not heard of these guys. I let the autoplay keep going and heard them do a good job on a few other Beatles tunes as well. Thanks for posting.

marshall1987

I had not heard of these guys. I let the autoplay keep going and heard them do a good job on a few other Beatles tunes as well. Thanks for posting.

Thanks and by all means, let the autoplay continue with their other videos. You'll be treated to some of the most authentic Beatles music ever performed.

If you ask me, The Analogues are the best kept secret in classic '60s rock music today, at least in America. It's different in Western Europe and the Netherlands were they perform regularly. I sure wished they would tour the US.:salude

I grew up with The Beatles and no other band has ever had a greater impact on me since they first emerged from Liverpool in the early 1960s. It's fascinating to see this music performed live as The Beatles never did play out live after 1966.