• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Roger Fisher's Double-Neck Is For Sale

Midnight Blues

Just received this e-mail from Roger's website. The most beautiful double-neck (IMHO) is for sale:

Rog’s Masterpiece - Vintage Doubleneck Guitar

midnight-blues-albums-my-pictures-picture37988-roger-fisher-double-neck.jpeg

In 1972, I was living in Vancouver, BC with the world-class luthier, Ed Myronyk.

After some lengthy creative brainstorming, I proposed that we take my classic Gibson SG, slice off the top horn, and construct a 12-string neck to laminate between the body and horn. 26 coats of nitrocellulose later, we had crafted what is possibly the most unique doubleneck guitar on the planet. This is a VERY special guitar to me, having designed and overseen the custom build nearly 50 years ago.

This incredible guitar was used to record Love Alive, and it became a signature instrument at every Heart show during the 1970's, including Cal Jam II, the Dallas Cotton Bowl, Denver's Mile High Stadium, Central Park, NY and The Forum in LA. You now have the opportunity to own a priceless, one-of-a-kind piece of Rock and Roll History.

All proceeds from the sale will fund - THE ONE VISION PROJECT.

Vintage Doubleneck Guitar - 100K
INQUIRE HERE roger@rogerfisher.com

If only I had $100K...

TM1

I admire him for his willingness to pass this on. Can’t be easy to let it go.. I remember Howard Leese parting with his Burst a few years back. Gets to a point in life where you go “why am I hanging onto this”.

Midnight Blues

I admire him for his willingness to pass this on. Can’t be easy to let it go.. I remember Howard Leese parting with his Burst a few years back. Gets to a point in life where you go “why am I hanging onto this”.

I agree. I know that I couldn't do it. I'm likely wrong, but given that he's modified/sold some of his other guitars, I don't think he has too much of an attachment to his instruments?

The "Magic Man" Les Paul (modified and attempting to sell or sold):

25316911160_a2c52a95f2_b.jpg

His LED Strat (attempting to sell or sold):

midnight-blues-albums-my-pictures-ii-picture76932-roger-fisher-bckstg-1978-nz-08.jpg

Last edited:

El Gringo

Emerald City Guitars also has his 70's Strat with all the LED lights for sale which don't work in the demo video that Roger Fisher did with the guy from Emerald