The Fender Forum
NEW! LPF Facebook Page
NEW! LPF Instagram Page
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite

Chasing the Peter Green tone

Mojo pickups kindly made me a set of his new 'reverse wind'(neck) pickups to acheive the classic Peter Green tone - the solo in the middle is on the 'neck' pos. then the rest is back in the 'in-between' pos. Let me know what you guys think of the tone????? the neck pickup was actually a 7.6k and the bridge is 8.2k Guitar set-up: ESP Navigator N-LP with Mojo Pickups with a Peter Green reverse winding through a filmosound amplifier and a Free The Tone OD Pedal - speaker is a Celestion 'Type - A' Song: An unreleased original demo called 'Why' I recorded in my home studio Video: Donyale Luna, London circa 1967

Re: Chasing the Peter Green tone

Quote Originally Posted by Ramon Goose View Post

Mojo pickups kindly made me a set of his new 'reverse wind'(neck) pickups to acheive the classic Peter Green tone - the solo in the middle is on the 'neck' pos. then the rest is back in the 'in-between' pos. Let me know what you guys think of the tone????? the neck pickup was actually a 7.6k and the bridge is 8.2k Guitar set-up: ESP Navigator N-LP with Mojo Pickups with a Peter Green reverse winding through a filmosound amplifier and a Free The Tone OD Pedal - speaker is a Celestion 'Type - A' Song: An unreleased original demo called 'Why' I recorded in my home studio Video: Donyale Luna, London circa 1967
    Hmm, nice tune and playing. I think I might have reversed the neck and OOP parts. I also think the OOP needs to be a tad softer, less OD, maybe with a touch of the reverb you used on the solo. But I am NITPICKING. It's fine the way it is.
    'then she made me play games I didn't wanna play...'
    Fer fux sake! Duane's left and Dickey's right!

Re: Chasing the Peter Green tone

Quote Originally Posted by Triplet View Post
    Hmm, nice tune and playing. I think I might have reversed the neck and OOP parts. I also think the OOP needs to be a tad softer, less OD, maybe with a touch of the reverb you used on the solo. But I am NITPICKING. It's fine the way it is.
    Many thanks indeed - always great to get opinions!