• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Need help identiyfiying writing style

Stl1995

Hello,
new member here, I have a 2010 les Paul studio deluxe, and I am looking to preform a pick up swap. I do not know what style of wiring I have for the pickups. I can tell it’s not the “vintage braid” due to not having the mesh wrapped wire. So that leaves me with one other, “4 way connector”. Also it is coil tapped from the factory if this helps. Just looking to install a PAF clone in neck and T Top clone in bridge. Any input is appreciated, thank you!

the wiring looks like one yellow wiring going to each of the 4 pots, then 2 or 3 gray wires going to the pots I’m assuming from the pick ups. Then of course green, red, and white wires on each of the 2 front volume knob pots.

PaulD

Hi, welcome to the forum. If your guitar is coil tapped then the pickups must be 4 wire conductors, it's not possible to coil tap a 2 wire pickup. Be aware that not all pickup manufacturers use the same colour codes so it may not be a case of wiring them like for like. Seymour Duncan has a colour code chart for some of the different manufacturers here https://www.seymourduncan.com/blog/the-tone-garage/humbucker-wire-color-translation

Stl1995

Thank you! I kinda figured the coil tapped wiring would be 4 input connector only. I look forward to ordering my pickups and changing the stock ones. They aren’t bad but not what I want. Thank you for the help!