• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

2019 custom shop 64 reissue SG

riscado

Cool, nice to see they're starting to be available. Definitely want to try that one out.

riscado

To be fair, I think it will take long before I can try one. But will try to report back once I do.

zombiwoof

Anyone notice that most of the Custom Shop guitars now only come in VOS finish?. I have been looking around and have found only one or two gloss models available from the new CS guitars. I'd like to see more gloss guitars and I don't think I'm the only one that would prefer gloss.
Al

rockabilly69

Anyone notice that most of the Custom Shop guitars now only come in VOS finish?. I have been looking around and have found only one or two gloss models available from the new CS guitars. I'd like to see more gloss guitars and I don't think I'm the only one that would prefer gloss.
Al

I'm with you Al, I have wiped the VOS off that last three custom shop guitars I bought! They all buffed out nicely on the wood sections, but I couldn't get it all off the hardware.

Tim Plains

Does anyone know how these will differ from previous years and if the "Authentic '64 Medium C-Shape" is any different?

marshall1987

The VOS treatment Gibson does to the Custom Shop guitars is not limited to the non-glossy finish. It's also about certain metal hardware parts and plastics.

I bought a 2016 R7 in VOS and the pickup covers and pick guard bracket were bare un-plated metal. Not tarnished, but completely devoid of any plating. Just ghastly looking stuff. The roughed up plastic parts look odd also.:dang

I'll take a gloss model guitar over a similar VOS example all day long.:dude:

garywright

I see that Wildwild has one that’s sold (so they are getting shipped) ..anyone here get it ?