• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

60th anniversary 1959 Les Pauls - Indian Rosewood vs. Bolivian Rosewood

Rich R

In the Zone/Backstage Pass
I once built a Schecter parts Strat with a solid Pau Ferro neck. It looked and sounded killer!

jrock1

+1

Solid body electric guitars don't really "age." The originals today sounded pretty much just like they did when new.

Beano was a seven year-old Les Paul in 1966.

Barely 6 years old if, as has been surmised, Beano was a ‘60.😎

Lewis Liu

Any difference in the tonal qualities between the 2 species of rosewood ? (I should have probably used a different adjective to describe the 2 types of rosewood )
Bolivian rosewood is actually not a rosewood species, it is also called Pau-Ferro

El Gringo

Bolivian rosewood is actually not a rosewood species, it is also called Pau-Ferro
My question was in regards to East Indian Rosewood and Brazilian Rosewood . Not Pau -Ferro which Gibson Custom used for export purposes . Back to actual Rosewood -the answer would be No difference in sonic qualities .