• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD: Ooops i did it again....am i seeing double?

Hiwatt Bob

somebody stop me. :fp:

Awn5Hcn.jpg

yep, another 1964 SG Standard obtained. i really shouldn't have done this and i may have to put up my non-reverse Firebird VII, but i got a pretty killer deal on this and just couldn't pass it up. it's 100% original, no issues, pretty much flawless except for a couple little dings. it looks, sounds, plays virtually identical to my other '64.

esFx1OX.jpg

20HFWNQ.jpg

garywright

Wow and double-Wow :salude ..you should keep the firebird and sell the batwing SG Custom ..yep, I thought about it and that’s what you should do ...I’ll keep an eye out on the classified section :2cool

Hiwatt Bob

Gary—I cant in good conscience sell my SG custom when we’re facing a national emergency and need the SG wall more than ever (I’ll post a wall progress pic later).

garywright

Haha ..yeah, that’s a beautiful pair ...I just looked up the serial number for the standard I had in high school ..it was 269665

latestarter

Bob, please stop it. My SG GAS flares up something chronic when you have posts like this!

Progear

I’ve been Wanting one for the last few years, after see both of yours I want one NOW.. dang

Hiwatt Bob

Don’t worry guys, there will NOT be a trifecta. I’ll leave the rest for the rest of yas.

Hiwatt Bob

Haha ..yeah, that’s a beautiful pair ...I just looked up the serial number for the standard I had in high school ..it was 269665
This baby is: 255798
the twin is: 245057

i should note—it’s probably an early ‘65. The pot codes are like 42 week of 64. And the specs are literally identical to my other ‘64.

Midnight Blues

Why should we stop you?
That's a pair that'll beat a full-house any day! Congrats, HNGD
jam.gif
and play her/them in good health!

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Gary—I cant in good conscience sell my SG custom when we’re facing a national emergency and need the SG wall more than ever (I’ll post a wall progress pic later).

Time to add a 64 SG Special? :hmm :ganz

Hiwatt Bob

I’ve got an white ‘65 special that has the wide nut (but chrome hardware). Only things really missing are an early LP/SG, small guard Custom, and Sg jr.

garywright

‘Got more points on that wall than a horney toad :salude..btw, if you ever get a chance to play one of the new ‘64 RIs I’d be interested to hear your thoughts beings you turning into the SG King :teeth

deytookerjaabs

Gary—haven’t tried a RI.

Jaabs—orig except replaced switch.

EjmzWdl.jpg

:XRE Good lawd, wow!!!! I've got two player grade NR 'birds, one '65 oversprayed (pelham blue) + humbuckers and the other a teaburst '67 3p90 model w/headstock repairs. The elusive mini hum has, uh, eluded me! Just from from an ergonomic/comfort angle they're about my favorite electric guitar, fit me like a glove! Damn that looks fine...