• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Another MJT build: Sonic Blue Tele

The Shifter

"Yeah, I'll put a low bid on this body. I'm sure I'll get outbid."

And now I'm building another partscaster.:hee

Ash body. A little bit over 3lbs. Sorry about the messy laundry!

Waiting on some Lollar Tele Specials. Hopefully, next month will put in the order for a Musikraft neck. All the other parts, minus the knobs, came from Mojo Tone.

BlueTele2.JPG

BlueTele3.JPG

Unbound Dot Neck

Nice, ~ :jim

How did you get the PG, etc.. mounting holes drilled and aligned so well !

C

The Shifter

Since it was pre-drilled for the bridge, I used that as a guide for everything else and just eyeballed it. It took me a minute to commit and drill the holes!!

The Shifter

All done and surrounded by mint. This thing came out so killer. Plays and sounds so great.
Bluetele5.jpg

Cogswell

The Duke of Dumbassery
Nice! I recently completed a similar guitar in Shell Pink

Cliff Gress

Looks really good Shifter. Cogs I'd love a pic of your shell pink version.

thin sissy

That looks so good, congrats! I wouldn't have guessed that was sonic blue, but I'm bad with colours :hee

deytookerjaabs

Could I send MJT my tele body for them to refinish?

As far as I know it's been done many times.

This was an MJT Build I did a while back:

ddZaCv2l.jpg

It was an MJT body with a Musikraft Brazilian neck. The thing that impressed me the most about the body was the very natural and subtle micro checking. I kinda had low expectations, lol, but in person it looked great. I tried to wait for the cleanest least relic' looking custom style I could find then it appeared. Looks like you've got a solid build there!

The Shifter

As far as I know it's been done many times.

This was an MJT Build I did a while back:

ddZaCv2l.jpg

It was an MJT body with a Musikraft Brazilian neck. The thing that impressed me the most about the body was the very natural and subtle micro checking. I kinda had low expectations, lol, but in person, it looked great. I tried to wait for the cleanest least relic' looking custom style I could find then it appeared. Looks like you've got a solid build there!

Good God, that thing is beautiful.

Yeah, I was pleased with the minimal amount of wear on my Tele as well. I'm not super into MJT's more over the top offerings.

@thinsissy Yeah, SB is pretty difficult to photograph!