• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Fanny burst?

LeonC

Since Beat-Club posted some of their old Fanny footage a little while back, I've had all kinds of Fanny vids popping up in my youtube "feed." Anyone else notice this lately?

Anyway, I wonder if anyone knows anything about the lineage of June Millington's burst?

It appears to have been modded with a knob (?) on the pickguard, and pickup covers removed. But seeing as how this video is from the very early 70s...I'm guessing this has to be a '58-'60 guitar, not from the late 60s, yes?

AA00475Bassman

I believe the guitar is a 57 GT refinish .

Believe half of what you see & none of what you read !

Last edited:

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
I believe the guitar is a 57 GT refinish .

I've seen that stated recently, including Vintage Guitar Magazine. :wah

I am positive she had [and still has] her 1960 Burst.
Lots of posts and some photos are here in the Vintage area.
I believe it's in one of the Burst Believers books [#1?]. :hmm

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Here we go! :)

IMG_8233.jpeg

IMG_8236.jpeg

IMG_8237.jpeg

0-1928? :hmm

IMG_8240.jpeg

:salude

DW concepts

Since Beat-Club posted some of their old Fanny footage a little while back, I've had all kinds of Fanny vids popping up in my youtube "feed." Anyone else notice this lately?

Anyway, I wonder if anyone knows anything about the lineage of June Millington's burst?

It appears to have been modded with a knob (?) on the pickguard, and pickup covers removed. But seeing as how this video is from the very early 70s...I'm guessing this has to be a '58-'60 guitar, not from the late 60s, yes?

Yes, ive had all kinds of fanny vids pop up in the last week also,never searched them previously!
Whats up with that? Interesting thread regardless.

sws1

I'm confused. Are those pics above of a '60 burst or a refinned GT?

BSeneca

This is so funny! I just saw a bunch of these yesterday. I saw an article in vintage guitar on them. I never heard of them before. I was very young when these videos were shot. My sister is older but she listened to David Cassidy and Donnie Osmond at that time lol! Way better girl band than the Runaways and the Bangles or Go Gos. Not downing the other bands by any means but the musicianship is here is superior. I too was wondering if it was a burst. The color looked of to me in the one video almost a faded tobacco. Thanks for the info. Later, Brian

marfen

Pics are of the 60 with mods done by Jeff Baxter according to the entry in one of Vic's excellent BUrst Believer books.

The Shifter

Yeah, I was also confused when she said it was a stripped GT. Memories fade I guess, but that's a pretty specific thing to mix up.
I think the knob on the pickguard is a master volume.

I'm all for this Fanny renaissance that seems to be going on. I kinda knew about them, but that Beat Club footage blew my mind.

LeonC

Yeah, I was also confused when she said it was a stripped GT. Memories fade I guess, but that's a pretty specific thing to mix up.
I think the knob on the pickguard is a master volume.

I'm all for this Fanny renaissance that seems to be going on. I kinda knew about them, but that Beat Club footage blew my mind.

Yeah, I've got very little faith in most people's memory. There have been all kinds of psychological studies that show that human memory is quite fallable, yours, mine and her's included...

Also agree that it's great to see them getting a little more attention again. I pretty much only remember Charity Ball...they were thought of as kind of a novelty act back then...but they were the real deal; they were just as dedicated and into playing as anyone else was and it really comes across in their live performances. My hat's off to June, Jean and the rest!

Bruce R

Yes, I also noticed that Fanny videos keep popping up on my YouTube feed. I never once searched for anything by them on YouTube and yet they keep coming up on the top row.

There is obviously some big money being put into this by somebody!

agogetr

man the 4 knobs look tall! even taller than the early LP's !? i,m really diggin the guitar. pretty cool band too!