• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Tail piece studs issue

Del

I received and order from faber but one of the tail piece studs will not go in easily one works fine on both bushings' do not wish to force it down any recommend to what i can do

garywright

That’s really odd that one stud would work ok in both bushings and not the other ..there’s got to be either a defect or one is longer and doesn’t match the other ( or are you meaning it won’t start at all ? ) ...I forget the tread size but if I were you I would find a nut that works on the “good” stud and screw it all the way down tight on the one with issues...take the nut off and try to use the “bad” stud again and see what happens
you’re right to not want to crank it while on your guitar as you could wind up rotating the bushing and messing/stripping the wood hole

J.D.

First try rubbing stud threads with candle wax or a drop of oil. If that doesn't work then run a tap through the bushings (female threads). If that doesn't work you can try to run a die or thread file over the stud male threads.

Strings Jr.

Pick up the studs, one in each hand. See if the threads will interlock. If not, they sent you a wrong part.
Also make sure the diameter is correct.

Don

One tailpiece stud in my guitar is pretty tight. I think there might be some paint overspray on the bushing's threads.

Del

Mystery solved incorrect one supplied faber are sending me replacements