• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Insomnia and Deluxe Reverb Pricing

corpse

Like Big Al says “ the first line from every blues tune you ever heard”- except at 5:01 wide awake. So I went poking on eBay. I was surprised to see the prices in 64-67 Deluxe Reverbs, claiming to be and appearing to be all original in the $2200-2500 range. I had to go through several pages of covers, and light domes, and amp legs, but there they were. All original at prices that three years ago were over $3000. The dreamers are waking up I guess. At the same time the Silver Faces have come up to $2000- maybe those are the new dreamers.

deytookerjaabs

Cool stuff, it's pretty easy to find a blackface DR w/just filter caps + chord swap for around 2k. Silverface high asking prices are dreamers IMO. I was happy when I got a '67 JBL Twin with original iron for $1,000 a few years back...less than the imported reissue. I'm perfectly content if my own amps go down in value TBH as I just want a few good ones for playin'. If I'd had the money last year I'd be running a late 50's Tweed Pro, fella around here had one with minor cap/chord job going for $2,500...that one got away and I still think about it! It's tough keeping what I have because I see occasional killer deals and think "well if I just sell this then......"

corpse

A friend has a Vibroking which is a reissue of a brown lux- killer amp. Saw one for $900 locally. What would I flip though?

deytookerjaabs

A friend has a Vibroking which is a reissue of a brown lux- killer amp. Saw one for $900 locally. What would I flip though?

For that price??? ....just one more...just one more.......just one more...can't hurt :hee

That's how I got my 1960TV (reissue) 4x12 cab a while back, $400 needed no justification.

corpse

A shop up here has a Marshall 4x10 slant cab for $250. I think it needs to come home.