• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Collings I30LC Blonde

ourmaninthenorth

Let me help with that picture, too beautiful to be bashful behind a link....:biggrin:

6FM7uuN.jpg

jwalker

Les Paul Forum Sponsor
These are such cool guitars! Collings had a Blonde I30 on display at NAMM with ThroBak '52/'54 P90 repros factory installed. Here is a clip of Ariel Posen playing it at the 6:00 min. mark.

Brian Krashpad

Wow, congrats!

Maybe some day I'll hit the lottery. Otherwise Collings will remain beyond me.

maplebaby

Very nice.

Doesn't amount to a hill of beans, but might I suggest some black translucent knobs?

that's a great idea and i think i'll give a try - prob wouldn't have thought of it, thanks!

Appreciate each of these post...thanks for taking time to share your impressions.

dale

Amparo

that's a great idea and i think i'll give a try - prob wouldn't have thought of it, thanks!

Appreciate each of these post...thanks for taking time to share your impressions.

dale
thanks so much for the posts and checking this out!

zoommutt

Nice guitar! You didn't get it from The Music Emporium by any chance? I just picked up an Iced Tea Sunburst from there. I really like the guitar, and I think it has something to do with the Throbak pickups. I find the 11 strings to be a little stiff, since I am used to 10's . I might try to put 10's on someday. Enjoy!

maplebaby

Nice guitar! You didn't get it from The Music Emporium by any chance? I just picked up an Iced Tea Sunburst from there. I really like the guitar, and I think it has something to do with the Throbak pickups. I find the 11 strings to be a little stiff, since I am used to 10's . I might try to put 10's on someday. Enjoy!

Congrats on your new I30...just amazing guitars! I think i saw yours on ME site - i visit there often. I got mine from Acoustic Music Works - i use 10's on mine and it plays and sounds great IMO.

I hope you enjoy it even more than expected...the great thing is if your not playing it you can just look at it and it makes you happy!

I toured the factory this summer and it was amazing...if your ever in Austin i'm sure you'd enjoy if you haven't been already. Here's a shot of mine they were kind enough to send in the build process. Thanks for getting in touch, your friend, dale.

WXdwlo3.jpg

zoommutt

That is mine on the web site. At first I wanted a blonde one they had, but I took too long. The Iced Tea is redder in their web pic, but it is more brown which I like. I could look at the back of the guitar all day. Beautiful! Enjoy your guitar. The Throbak pickups are great and different than MHS pickups. I got to try a Collings and Throbak's ,both of which I had never tried before.