• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Did some unsuccessful Searchs, Please Help. CS Historic TP Studs?

Anyone know what the Tailpiece studs are made of in the Historic Custom Shop PTTP-080 Light weight TP Studs?
The anchors are Steel... Studs are not magnetic ... Zmac or hopefully Brass?

They came from the Gibson Memphis factory’s retail shop during it’s closing, so they are older.
Thanks for any replies.

Been gone for quite a while. Trying to figure out a few things.. like posting Picts.

Re: Custom Shop Historic Light Weight TP Studs? Brass or Zmac?

Last edited:
Re: Custom Shop Historic Light Weight TP Studs? Brass or Zmac?

Bump

Anyone know what the Tailpiece studs are made of in the Historic Custom Shop PTTP-080 Light weight TP Studs?
The anchors are Steel... Studs are not magnetic ... Zmac or hopefully Brass?

Hamerfan

Lightweight should be aluminium in my book. Brass is heavier than steel and zamac.

Lightweight should be aluminium in my book. Brass is heavier than steel and zamac.

I know this is an extremely old update and bumped but anybody direct me to a prolific thread or threads where people are discussing Tonal variations or perceived tone differences between steel brass aluminum when it comes to bridges, tailpieces, Anchor studs etc any metal whatsoever that has to do with contact with the guitar. Sorry voice to text