• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Gibson ever make an R9 or R0 Black Beauty?

tomh8

Been dreaming about a 3 pickup black beauty for years, have been saving for a while plus should get a decent tax return check so I have started looking. I used to have a g0 Burst and an R7 goldtop. The R7's neck was way too large for me and the g0 (sort of in between a R0 and a R9 shape) was perfect. So I assumed the BBR7 will have too large of a neck for me. I've seen some collector choice ones like the tommy colletti one, but that is double the price of what I am trying to spend. Definitely want to keep it used and hopefully can find a decent deal on one that maybe has changed pickups or is a bit beat for less than $3,000.

Thanks

El Gringo

Been dreaming about a 3 pickup black beauty for years, have been saving for a while plus should get a decent tax return check so I have started looking. I used to have a g0 Burst and an R7 goldtop. The R7's neck was way too large for me and the g0 (sort of in between a R0 and a R9 shape) was perfect. So I assumed the BBR7 will have too large of a neck for me. I've seen some collector choice ones like the tommy colletti one, but that is double the price of what I am trying to spend. Definitely want to keep it used and hopefully can find a decent deal on one that maybe has changed pickups or is a bit beat for less than $3,000.

Thanks
Good luck finding a used Custom Shop guitar for less than $3,000 . Checkout prices on Reverb.com

tomh8

Good luck finding a used Custom Shop guitar for less than $3,000 . Checkout prices on Reverb.com

I've bought two custom shop les pauls for less than $3000 in the past 3 years. Reverb prices are always high and my budget is around 3000 but can be pushed to 3500. Theres multiple R7s on reverb right now for that price, but I wouldn't get along with the neck shape.

Dr. Green

"So I assumed the BBR7 will have too large of a neck for me."

have you ever actually tried one ?

tomh8

Yes, and previously owned an R7 Goldtop. Its not like I can go out and try 10 bbR7's to find one that may or may not have a slightly thinner neck shape

tomh8

Not sure I really understand where the attitude is coming from. I'm wondering if Gibson made a custom shop black beauty that typically has a neck shape I am more comfortable with. Are you going to argue that R7's don't typically have a larger neck than r9's and r0's? Of course they do.