• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Fender Custom '57 Tweed Deluxe Coming!!

corpse

Great to hear from you Dan. One thing life can’t take from you is the love for our thing.

Don

I've loved every well built 5E3 type amp that I've played through. Fat and dynamic at usable volume levels.

sonar

Wonderful design and you should be very happy with your purchase. The official Fender vid sounds about right for a 5E3.

I'm not sure what the special design speaker is like (relabeled or spec'ed for Fender) but Eminence more often than not knows how to make a great sounding speaker. Imo no new company has been able to capture the sound of the old Chicago Jensens, so take that for what it's worth.

What a Tweed Deluxe lacks (although surprisingly varied once you wrap your head around the 2 Volume and tone control interaction) is offset by great tone and one of the best overdrives ever produced by a guitar amp.

Traditional, non-A5 magnet PAF style pickups can get a little muddy and woofy. Just crank up the tone, or grab a guitar with P90's, or a Tele, or a Strat, or a Danelectro, or a Gretsch...

and have fun!

bluesforstevie

Wonderful design and you should be very happy with your purchase. The official Fender vid sounds about right for a 5E3.

I'm not sure what the special design speaker is like (relabeled or spec'ed for Fender) but Eminence more often than not knows how to make a great sounding speaker. Imo no new company has been able to capture the sound of the old Chicago Jensens, so take that for what it's worth.

What a Tweed Deluxe lacks (although surprisingly varied once you wrap your head around the 2 Volume and tone control interaction) is offset by great tone and one of the best overdrives ever produced by a guitar amp.

Traditional, non-A5 magnet PAF style pickups can get a little muddy and woofy. Just crank up the tone, or grab a guitar with P90's, or a Tele, or a Strat, or a Danelectro, or a Gretsch...

and have fun!
I've got my G&L Tele...so :dude:

demundo

ive had one for over a year. one of the best new amps I ever bought. I would be very surprised if you didn't love it.

goldtop0

Go for it Dan, that combo is about NZ$5-6k here(if you can get one) and therefore not an option for most of us:dang

Don

I've got my G&L Tele...so :dude:

I didn't even like Teles until I got a tweed Deluxe (clone)! Now I love Teles with every amp!

This thread inspired me to spend some time with my Tele with my Deluxe cranked to 12. What a beautiful mess of a sound!

corpse

I dig the pickguard with the top. Go get your Ya-Ya’s out now.

randall

killer amp, that clip sounded awesome. whats with the g&l Tele? sounded so good, i looked it up and those are 500 cdn.

corpse

Every one of those G&L’s I played was dead sounding. Another case of Tone being in the hands.

Ace139

No clips - but I A/ B ‘d a Vintage ‘57 and the CS RI and was amazed at how good the RI is. The Vintage was a smidge better - but not much. You will love it:dude: