• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Fender Custom '57 Tweed Deluxe Coming!!

randall

A custom 57 deluxe used just landed on my lap. I fired it up and it sounded great. I did find that it didn't have as much gain at i thought than i read that the first preamp tube is a 12ay7. Also did you find the amp to not be overly bright? I had to have the tone knob at least at 3 o'clock on the dial.

bluesforstevie

A custom 57 deluxe used just landed on my lap. I fired it up and it sounded great. I did find that it didn't have as much gain at i thought than i read that the first preamp tube is a 12ay7. Also did you find the amp to not be overly bright? I had to have the tone knob at least at 3 o'clock on the dial.
Darker thru mic input...but yeah it needs tone control on 4 or 5 afaic. My guitar is real bright. Would love to spec out PV so that I might change rectum fryer...also would love some RCA valves perhaps with 1 Mullard ECC83...but alas all my tubes are gone. Still a great new amp from Fender!

toxpert

Dan,
I need to get me one of those “rectum fryers” !
I am always getting my tail feathers burned in some way or another...especially when my iPhone dictation function decides to change what I said!!
:spabout

Cheers,
Mac

sonar

Interesting.

Not sure about the Reissue, but I've always found 5E3's to be on the dark side, often too muddy on the mic channel.

For gain try a nos 5751 in V1. Prices are usually not too bad.

goldtop0

Tried a used one of these today(most probably the only one in the country) with a SG.........all I can say is that I am amazed at how good this combo sounds at high volume and a welcome difference to the other Fenders I've played, this one holds tight on the bottom end and doesn't get flabby and mushy.
The mic channel is a darker sound but with a Tele I'm guessing it'd still be very usable.

goldtop0

Your playing suits that amp down to the ground:salude............real good man.