• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

MY last NGD EVER! 60th Anniversary 1958 Les Paul SITF

mustachio

A020C6BC-021C-49E6-8E15-45700B7AF1C9.jpg4CF0AF87-0ACA-4CE8-86F6-E8C90E5D3328.jpg
Got it from Wildwood two days ago via FedEx Saturday delivery. Wildwood is awesome. Great service. Actually did a set up because I compared the stock photos’ saddle positions to when I got it in hand and they definitely set it up. Some other big dealers advertise setups but WW makes sure it’s perfect. I also suspect after reading about the new 60th Anniversary 1959s from NAMM online, this special run of the 1958s has those specs, i.e. new pots and caps, new chunky C necks, and tweaked logo font and position. Only difference is the spec’d WW underwound and lightly potted humbuckers and taller but thinner frets (which I prefer and makes it sound snappier). Also, the Lifton case, compared to the 2016 TH58 case I had, has a slightly bigger pocket for storage (my El Dorado strap now fits inside)and a lifton logo. Plus, it’s says Slow Iced Tea Fade but it’s really a Jimmy Page burst and wide flame as his number one (circa early 70’s when it still had orange in it). Home rum.

Fan of LP

Happy NGD! Congratulations!

Yes, all 2019 historics include the changes to electronics, logo, etc. Note that the 60th anniversary run only applies to '59 reissues, not '58 (that would've been last year). Either way, great guitar. Play her in good health!

Redwine

Absolutely stunning! I love that finish and above all, Happy NGD! :hank

I just bought one from Wildwood Friday and we decided to wait until today to ship until the cold spell passed through. It was my first purchase through them and I was shocked at how well the customer service was. They truly are appreciative and answer any question you ask in detail. I will not steal your NGD thunder but I'll share a picture with you as a toast! Congratulations!! :salude

Af1u5l4.jpg

markguitar

Les Paul Forum Member
Nice looking guitars but they don’t have the 2019 changes and updates. Only reissues made in 2019 will get those updates.

mustachio

Nice looking guitars but they don’t have the 2019 changes and updates. Only reissues made in 2019 will get those updates.

I’m not so sure about that. These were a limited run and have not been advertised around the web. And I can say that, in hand, the neck is a rounder “chunky c” like they say in the NAMM videos. That’s the same description Wildwood uses for the 60th 1958 Ann necks. And the “Les Paul Model” logo is darker and slightly moved toward the “Gibson” logo (which is also different). There’s an instagram photo of the 2019 logo compared with an older Custom Shop logo from a month or so ago. And the slight changes like the way the accent marks where the lines cross the “p”, etc. are just like these/my 2018 60th Anniversary (see photo, right side is just like mine). And the dish carve is more pronounce compared to my TH58 from 2016 I had.

I telling you guys, with the exception of the Wildwood spec pickups and fretwire (admittedly I haven’t compared a gut shot yet), I think these have some of the changes that will be on this year’s models. I emailed Wildwood to ask and I’m waiting for a reply. Search Instagram for that Les Paul logo comparison and mine is exactly the same.

Ill load some some pictures tomorrow. I think these slid under the radar. And n such a limited quantity, it’s possible they phased in some minor improvements before they advertised them on 2019 models. And don’t forget, Gibson went dark in 2017-2018.

Stay tuned. Or if you work for Gibson prove me wrong.

But it either way, thing sounds great. I like the smaller fretwire too.

Attachments

• 6E303564-5397-460E-B8A2-EC7E7F8E5CDA.jpg
    6E303564-5397-460E-B8A2-EC7E7F8E5CDA.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

mustachio

Awesome. I love mine. I had them ship me mine two day air, Saturday delivery to avoid the cold snap coming as well. I’m in MA. Their service is great and their setup is great. I normally don’t like a pinned stopbar, but mine almost was, but it feels slinky and the strings still clear the back of the ABR. I love how articulate these pickups are and this is the most resonant of guitars I own (on par with my ‘63 LP Jr. SG). I’m not changing a thing to it.

Absolutely stunning! I love that finish and above all, Happy NGD! :hank

I just bought one from Wildwood Friday and we decided to wait until today to ship until the cold spell passed through. It was my first purchase through them and I was shocked at how well the customer service was. They truly are appreciative and answer any question you ask in detail. I will not steal your NGD thunder but I'll share a picture with you as a toast! Congratulations!! :salude

Af1u5l4.jpg

mustachio

Oops. I may have been full of crap. Haha. I compared the wrong headstock with my 2018. My bad. But a guy can dream, can’t he?:##

I’m not so sure about that. These were a limited run and have not been advertised around the web. And I can say that, in hand, the neck is a rounder “chunky c” like they say in the NAMM videos. That’s the same description Wildwood uses for the 60th 1958 Ann necks. And the “Les Paul Model” logo is darker and slightly moved toward the “Gibson” logo (which is also different). There’s an instagram photo of the 2019 logo compared with an older Custom Shop logo from a month or so ago. And the slight changes like the way the accent marks where the lines cross the “p”, etc. are just like these/my 2018 60th Anniversary (see photo, right side is just like mine). And the dish carve is more pronounce compared to my TH58 from 2016 I had.

I telling you guys, with the exception of the Wildwood spec pickups and fretwire (admittedly I haven’t compared a gut shot yet), I think these have some of the changes that will be on this year’s models. I emailed Wildwood to ask and I’m waiting for a reply. Search Instagram for that Les Paul logo comparison and mine is exactly the same.

Ill load some some pictures tomorrow. I think these slid under the radar. And n such a limited quantity, it’s possible they phased in some minor improvements before they advertised them on 2019 models. And don’t forget, Gibson went dark in 2017-2018.

Stay tuned. Or if you work for Gibson prove me wrong.

But it either way, thing sounds great. I like the smaller fretwire too.

Redwine

Yeah mine is a 2018! I should’ve mentioned that. I was looking at a 60th anniversary 58 but went with that one instead! Sorry I should’ve elaborated!

Ken Fortunato

Administrator
Staff member
View attachment 9083View attachment 9084
Got it from Wildwood two days ago via FedEx Saturday delivery. Wildwood is awesome. Great service. Actually did a set up because I compared the stock photos’ saddle positions to when I got it in hand and they definitely set it up. Some other big dealers advertise setups but WW makes sure it’s perfect. I also suspect after reading about the new 60th Anniversary 1959s from NAMM online, this special run of the 1958s has those specs, i.e. new pots and caps, new chunky C necks, and tweaked logo font and position. Only difference is the spec’d WW underwound and lightly potted humbuckers and taller but thinner frets (which I prefer and makes it sound snappier). Also, the Lifton case, compared to the 2016 TH58 case I had, has a slightly bigger pocket for storage (my El Dorado strap now fits inside)and a lifton logo. Plus, it’s says Slow Iced Tea Fade but it’s really a Jimmy Page burst and wide flame as his number one (circa early 70’s when it still had orange in it). Home rum.

Beautiful guitar! Congrats! :salude

Wildwood is second to none. Their setups are pro quality! They know what they're doing and they actually DO IT...

mustachio

Yup. I am definitely wrong, Mark. I checked the guts and my theory is bunk. I love this forum. Learning everyday.

Midnight Blues

Who cares if it doesn't have the '19 changes, that thing is GORGEOUS!!!!

Congrats, HNGD
jam.gif
and play her in good health!

cheers.gif

P.S.

Don't type that this is your last NGD ever, because you never know? Besides, you always need one more guitar!

mustachio

Haha! Yes, my health directly depends on this being my last NGD!

Who cares if it doesn't have the '19 changes, that thing is GORGEOUS!!!!

Congrats, HNGD
jam.gif
and play her in good health!

cheers.gif

P.S.

Don't type that this is your last NGD ever, because you never know? Besides, you always need one more guitar!

Bruce R

.... and tweaked logo font and position. ....

I keep hearing about this and have yet to see the "updated" logo font and position with side-by-side photos with the previous version.

Beautiful guitar!!

mustachio

Click on post #5’s pictures in this thread. But, I was mistaken about my guitar.

I keep hearing about this and have yet to see the "updated" logo font and position with side-by-side photos with the previous version.

Beautiful guitar!!

Bruce R

Click on post #5’s pictures in this thread. But, I was mistaken about my guitar.

Thanks!! I hadn't bothered to look down that far. From what I understand so far, the "e" in "Les" should align between the A and B string tuners. On my '06 R8 the direct line from the A to the B hits between the "L" and the "e" so it looks like my logo is correct after all! Looks like I'm ok.

I am sure there were variations in the old days as well, so I'll take their word for it!