• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Shops selling historics in NC

geetar84

Does anyone know if there’s any guitar shops that sell historics in North Carolina? I’ve bought some online before and one sounded great and one sounded horrible. So I’d like to be able to play them first.
thanks

Guitardon

Does anyone know if there’s any guitar shops that sell historics in North Carolina? I’ve bought some online before and one sounded great and one sounded horrible. So I’d like to be able to play them first.
thanks

Hey there, I moved to Asheville last year and am disappointed to say music stores here suck. Even Guitar Center has a lame selection on Les Pauls and no CS models. The rest of the stores are worse than GC. I think you have to to Lexington, there is one store there that has them. I don’t remember which one though. Probably Nashville too. If you live near Asheville, I host a blues jam at the Asheville Guitar Bar second Wednesday and Last Friday evert month. Come on out and do some playing.

Bruce R

thanks

This is a quandary, isn't it! I am fortunate, or unfortunate, enough to live within an hour or so from Los Angeles and am astounded how few new Custom Shop Les Pauls are available to choose from and play, much less used ones.

If you feel strong in your convictions to play a guitar before you buy it (well, who wouldn't!) I would, in all seriousness, make sure you have the money in your bank account and take a trip to a very large store, with plenty of stock, and purchase one that way.

Or...I'd say really study up on the model, neck size, weight, and finish you want. Play as many that belong to friends as you can. Then contact one of the fine dealers that support this forum and shop that way. These guys know their stuff!

Best of luck!

geetar84

Thanks for the feedback. Wish I could find places that sell them around here. I don’t really care for GC but, they recently opened one in Winston-Salem where I live, and was surprised that they didn’t have any. There’s a guitar show in Asheville in a couple weeks so that might be my best chance at trying out some of the newer historic models.

chuck dale

I hate to tell you... but the Winston Salem store has no Historics... As a matter of fact I went there when it first opened and a Sales Lady approached me.. She said.."can I help you with anything?" I asked if they had any Custom Shop Fenders or Gibsons... She said "I don't know that much about guitars!" I later found out she was the Guitar Center Mgr. and used to manage Big Lots! Try Mark's Guitar Loft or some of the dealers on the Les Paul Forum!

Guitardon

Thanks for the feedback. Wish I could find places that sell them around here. I don’t really care for GC but, they recently opened one in Winston-Salem where I live, and was surprised that they didn’t have any. There’s a guitar show in Asheville in a couple weeks so that might be my best chance at trying out some of the newer historic models.

From what I have found, the only GC stores that carry historic Les Pauls are the big ones like the one in Chicago on the northside. Even in Chicago the other guitar center is around did not carry them. Where is the Asheville guitar show I would love to go to it I didn’t know they had one?

geetar84

J
From what I have found, the only GC stores that carry historic Les Pauls are the big ones like the one in Chicago on the northside. Even in Chicago the other guitar center is around did not carry them. Where is the Asheville guitar show I would love to go to it I didn’t know they had one?
It’s March 16-17th. If you google “Carolina Guitar Show” it comes up. It’s actually in Fletcher, NC which is right outside of Asheville.

Guitardon

J
It’s March 16-17th. If you google “Carolina Guitar Show” it comes up. It’s actually in Fletcher, NC which is right outside of Asheville.
Thanks I put it on my calendar I will check it out