• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1968 Les Paul Custom witch hat knob question...

ScumbackSpeakers

Ok, just so I have them for the guitar when I kick the bucket, the witch hat knobs were black with gold inserts on top. Were the numbers gold as well, or silver colored?

I know, dumb ass question, but I tossed those knobs in a box back in 1976, and if I still have them I'd be surprised! Pics would be great if anyone has them, although I'm guessing knob pics from 69-72 are probably the same.

Thanks in advance!

Jim

garywright

hey jim ...i'll confirm this tomorrow but i believe the numbers are gold as well

ScumbackSpeakers

Well, it might be tough to find. Allparts has some, but they are silver numbers. Sigh...hate those knobs. LOL

garywright

jim ..the numbers on my '69 lpc have lost all the paint ..still has the gold on the inserts though ..you might consider getting the allparts and buffing the paint away ..that is, if your custom isnt mint

Bruce R

.....These knobs suck to use live. LOL

Amen to that! Not really caring for the way these "witch hat" knobs look or feel I have had every conceivable type of knob on my '69 Custom. In an effort to bring it totally back to stock I decided to put the original ones back on, but it had been so long since I bought the guitar the knobs were no longer in my parts box. I got some from my tech, Don Butler (TM1), put them on, then after playing a gig I realized why I took them off in the first place!