• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Eric Stewart's Les Paul 'Custom'

richard henry

Banned
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

El Gringo

Oh my goodness what have they done to this Les Paul . What is the Fender looking back plate cover for or what is underneath it ? A Varitone switch in the tone control position for the bridge pickup , talk about customizing a Les Paul and the trapezoid inlays on the rosewood fingerboard with the Super 400 style split Diamond inlay on the headstock . How and why was this made this way ?

DG2003

Formerly a Kahler-equipped LP (?)... man, that has EVERYTHING Standard/Custom/Kitchen Sink! Rally interesting stories, I'll bet!

AA00475Bassman

Never new anything of this guitarist the guitar is interesting to be polite !

Last edited:

DG2003

A quick interweb perusal shows that he was with 10 c.c. and wrote "The Things We Do For Love", and co-wrote "I'm Not In Love"... two very, very excellent pop tunes. Co-writer of "more than half of McCartney's Press to Play. Nice, and I've never heard of him either.

MapleFlame

Reboard, looks like the inlays from early 60's SG's. Man this guitar has been a modder.

richard henry

Banned
An earlier incarnation in the hands of Graham Gouldman? Is that a pointy horn I see? Have I posted it in the wrong section?

03_grahamlolpoor_zps45sra8wa.jpg

Last edited:

Big Al

The picture of the shared piano is very beautiful. I really like this guitar. The customizations are very accurate.

Accurate to what? Strange bird and stranger listing? Left handed? Removed third original pickup? Returned to stereo? mmmmm if you say so ....... Odd duck for sure, Floyd Rose or something similar not a cam Kahler, for sure. I see it was pulled? Still scratching my head over the listing. The guitar is what it is but the item description wrong and misleading. I don't find much accuracy in the mods or the attempt to sell it.

What an unique history and cool tale though. Interesting guitar that's been there and done it.

Last edited:

BLuesGuitarMart

Accurate to what? Strange bird and stranger listing? Left handed? Removed third original pickup? Returned to stereo? mmmmm if you say so ....... Odd duck for sure, Floyd Rose or something similar not a cam Kahler, for sure. I see it was pulled? Still scratching my head over the listing. The guitar is what it is but the item description wrong and misleading. I don't find much accuracy in the mods or the attempt to sell it.

What an unique history and cool tale though. Interesting guitar that's been there and done it.

The guy you quoted is a spammer, wants you to click the link in his post.

zacknorton

Kahler’s don’t need a rear route.

They didn’t use that kind of locking nut either.

Story. There’s got to be a story here.

Anyone???

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
I quoted from the ebay listing linked in the op, which is what is the topic, no? How is it spam?

Al, in your post #10 you quote another user. His post contains a spam link.
Please go back and edit that out. :salude

AA00475Bassman

Why is the back of this LPC not have any binding could this be a LPC neck on a different body ??

The more I look at this guitar the less value it has , really IMO a player at best !

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Why is the back of this LPC not have any binding could this be a LPC neck on a different body ??

The more I look at this guitar the less value it has , really IMO a player at best !

It's not a Les Paul Custom, it is a Les Paul "Custom". :ganz
[as in customized]

Big Al

Al, in your post #10 you quote another user. His post contains a spam link.
Please go back and edit that out. :salude

Tom, it was the original ebay listing and the descripton of the guitar, which is no longer for sale, found by clicking the see original listing link. Posting my opinion regarding the guitar which was linked to the ebay listing in the op nor my opinion of the description of that guitar in the listing and subject of the thread is what has been done on countless similar threads.

I named no one, I did not post a link and I will not delete my post. I still fail to see how any of this is spam as nothing is for sale or being offered and every ebay listing has multiple other items offered by multiple sellers just like the ones appearing on the page linked in the op, none of which were discussed in this thread.

Last edited: