• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Joe B.’s ultimate guitar safari...introducing The Bosco Burst!

goldtop0

Look at the clip on the pickguard and then shoot yourself the bird in a mirror. I think you’ll figure it out then.:2cool

Or alternatively the Birdburst........there's a nice bit of alliteration with that.

Dragonkoi

With respect, Having never been in the same room as a burst I wonder, the more bursts you play, do you discover how similar they all are or how different they all are to each other? Visual differences aside, talking sound and feel. Just saw the video of Joe on facebook playing Bosco for the first time prompted me to ask.

goldtop0

With respect, Having never been in the same room as a burst I wonder, the more bursts you play, do you discover how similar they all are or how different they all are to each other? Visual differences aside, talking sound and feel. Just saw the video of Joe on facebook playing Bosco for the first time prompted me to ask.

Different in feel, operation(when you're trying to find the 'sweet spot' in each one) and sound in some or most cases.
Pretty much the same as playing a number of acoustic guitars of the same make and model from different years.

T.Allen

Super nice color on that one! It will only sound better after some stage time.

I don't see the tailpiece ground wire or the hole from the cavity. Did somebody remove the ground and the hole is not visible in the photo?

joemags54

I'm waiting to give Joe that pleasure. Hell...the hunt is half the fun!:peace2
It's been a while since I've visited here... However I am quite familiar with this story, as part of the "safari" , is a connection here on Long Island, NY. ......And out of an incredible abundance of respect for Mr. B. I also, will wait for him to tell the story.
Just an amazing instrument..:salude Congrat's Mr. Bonamassa!

rob livesey

What amp is he playing? Nice sound.

It looks like the old Deluxe he uses a lot in his demos at home. It's been painted black.

He did say somewhere what year it was, I think he said 1955 and that it has a 70's blackback Celestion G12M fitted.

Then again, I could be wrong!

Rob.

lare65

It looks like the old Deluxe he uses a lot in his demos at home. It's been painted black.

He did say somewhere what year it was, I think he said 1955 and that it has a 70's blackback Celestion G12M fitted.

Then again, I could be wrong!

Rob.

Yeah, I think you are right!

jrgtr42

How many Bursts does Joe have now? I know he moved a couple along when he got Amos and another early V (I think...)
so I lost count.
How many guitars total (roughly) and how many amps?

TM1

flatwounds.. this guy was old school. prolly more into chet than bloomfield. seems like a lot of 58's look really cool! to me anyway. is it a 58? :peace2
They all came stock with Flatwounds in the Fifties!

goldtop0

They all came stock with Flatwounds in the Fifties!

As I remember reading many years ago George and John would put flatwounds on their guitars when recording........don't know if their was any truth to that or not but their recorded sound was good and clean for sure.

JPP-1

Wow, Sweet Burst, those PAFs sound really full throated. It’s so good seeing these great instruments go to someone who will play them and in JBs’s case play them very very well.

“I just happened to have some spare tuners in my spare tire kit.” Lol The vintage guitar McGuyver.

Zowenso

Man, such a cool guitar. I can’t even imagine. I wonder how much time passed between Joe getting word on this guitar and pulling into the guys driveway? Congrats on another insanely awesome guitar.

TM1

As I remember reading many years ago George and John would put flatwounds on their guitars when recording........don't know if their was any truth to that or not but their recorded sound was good and clean for sure.

Yes they did! They used strings provided by Selmer's which were actually Pyramid's. Pyramid's are made in Germany. Some of the Gibson Strings were made by Pyramid as well. there's documentation at the Pyramid Factory from Gibson, Gretsch & Guild Guitars that show order's for 1,000's of sets during the `50's & `60's into the mid- `70's. any string labeled "Selmer" sold in the U.K. was made by Pyramid!

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Yes they did! They used strings provided by Selmer's which were actually Pyramid's. Pyramid's are made in Germany. Some of the Gibson Strings were made by Pyramid as well. there's documentation at the Pyramid Factory from Gibson, Gretsch & Guild Guitars that show order's for 1,000's of sets during the `50's & `60's into the mid- `70's. any string labeled "Selmer" sold in the U.K. was made by Pyramid!

I have sets of Gibson strings [from the 60's, maybe 50's] marked made in Germany. :)