• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Les Paul Standard 2007 Faded Honeyburst

Broz

Hey all, looking to purchase this guitar on Ebay. Seller doesn't know about the neck profile, and which pups are fitted, only that they're original. Any ideas about the neck and what the pups would be? Opinions on this guitar would be appreciated, though the faded honey looks great!

Attachments

• les paul standard 2007.jpg
    les paul standard 2007.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 129

Mats A

I had a 2005 LP Standard Faded Honeyburst 60’s neck. Mine was a great guitar. They came with both 50’s and 60’s neck. At least in the beginning not sure if it was like that all years it was made. They have Burstbucker Pros. I think it’s a great pickup. Being a 2007 this could be chambered.

metropolis

That's beautiful. The other guitarist in my band has one but the previous owner replaced the original pickups so doesn't know what they were.

His has the neck size on the pickup switch cover (it says '50's model' or 'spec' I think). Do you have photos of the back to show that?

Last edited:

Big Al

The Standard had slim 60s neck. Traditional had thicker 50s

No, that does not apply to this budget Les Paul. They have a thin, waxy Acrylic Lacquer finish, a non gloss satin look. They were thier own model, Les Paul Faded and as been said came with a 50's round neck or 60's Slim shallow neck. The 50's was round but generally not fat or full like Historics. They sold like hotcakes around 1K and were the best bound Standard for the dough.

Some had two piece backs and chambering for back friendly ultra light weight. Nice guitars, but the finish is very fragile and IIRC, the Gibson logo is a gold decal and not mother of pearl, like a Studio.

Zentar, you're killing me, brother.

Mats A

Yes the finish is quite different from a regular Standard. I think they kind of rubbed it or wiped it with a cloth to get that almost crude faded look. I didn’t know about the Gibson logo being a decal. My 2005 non chambered (chambering started late 2006) had a two piece Mahogany back.

Big Al

I am not your brother.

Yeah, my brothers don't jump in and every time say wrong things. Why do you always feel the need to post false info as if you know? If you aren't sure say so. Better yet say nothing because your history is as a consistant buffoon claiming false facts and misinformation as fact like you know anything.

You`re right about one thing, you are not a brother.

Big Al

Yes the finish is quite different from a regular Standard. I think they kind of rubbed it or wiped it with a cloth to get that almost crude faded look. I didn’t know about the Gibson logo being a decal. My 2005 non chambered (chambering started late 2006) had a two piece Mahogany back.

It gets confusing, Mats. Wasn't yours the other "Faded Standard", a regular glossy Standard with faded, muted colors for a faded out look. Completely different model, same name. IIRC yours was one of those. I do seem to remember it was quite attractive.

Zentar

Yeah, my brothers don't jump in and every time say wrong things. Why do you always feel the need to post false info as if you know? If you aren't sure say so. Better yet say nothing because your history is as a consistant buffoon claiming false facts and misinformation as fact like you know anything.

You`re right about one thing, you are not a brother.

Go take your meds uncle Fester

Mats A

It gets confusing, Mats. Wasn't yours the other "Faded Standard", a regular glossy Standard with faded, muted colors for a faded out look. Completely different model, same name. IIRC yours was one of those. I do seem to remember it was quite attractive.

Mine was like a regular Standard with a Faded look. It was called LP Standard Faded. 2005 was the first year it was made. Larry Corsa liked to modify these. Is there another Faded model? Now i’m confused. If so my mistake, sorry.
It was like this:
http://archive.gibson.com/Files/USA_pdfs/data_lp_faded.pdf

Big Al

Go take your meds uncle Fester

Wow, such a rapier wit. How come in the dozens of times you've been busted posting misinformation and bullshit you never defend your false facts and instead toss some 4th grade insult. As I said in a previous thread, because you say it is so, pretty much guarantees it ain't. What a joke, you have zero credibility, poser.

Zentar

Wow, such a rapier wit. How come in the dozens of times you've been busted posting misinformation and bullshit you never defend your false facts and instead toss some 4th grade insult. As I said in a previous thread, because you say it is so, pretty much guarantees it ain't. What a joke, you have zero credibility, poser.

You think Ohms Law is what Lincoln freed the slaves with.

Don

Is this the model that Corsa was modifying before coming out with the Manalishi guitars?

sonar

No, that does not apply to this budget Les Paul. They have a thin, waxy Acrylic Lacquer finish, a non gloss satin look. They were thier own model, Les Paul Faded and as been said came with a 50's round neck or 60's Slim shallow neck. The 50's was round but generally not fat or full like Historics. They sold like hotcakes around 1K and were the best bound Standard for the dough.

Some had two piece backs and chambering for back friendly ultra light weight. Nice guitars, but the finish is very fragile and IIRC, the Gibson logo is a gold decal and not mother of pearl, like a Studio.

Zentar, you're killing me, brother.

Al pretty much nailed it.

Offered with both 50's and 60's neck profiles from first year, 2005, to 2008. 2009 only in 50's neck when the model was discontinued that year. Gibson USA 50's/60's neck spec from the 00's were kind of its own thing and didn't translate with Custom Shop profiles.

Swiss cheese weight relief in 2005 and very early 2006, then chambered for the rest of the domestic run.

Stain was hand applied and an easy way to spot the model when only pictures are available. The op's pic is a pretty obvious example of a Standard Faded finish in Tobacco Burst. Cherry Sunburst (very clowny) and Honeyburst (usually with very little burst) were also available.

There is some debate that some models were one piece back, but I'm pretty convinced all were 2 piece backs.

BB Pro uncovered pickups were stock.

Some special export models (mostly to Canada) were made in 2010 and possibly 2011(?) but were never officially on the domestic sales sheet. I'm not well versed with the export models and they may be more aligned with the Traditional model. There is a mega thread over on the other forum that describes the export.

Is this the model that Corsa was modifying before coming out with the Manalishi guitars?

Yes. This was the model that Corsa declared as "The best Standard made since the 50's." YMMV.

Hope it helps.

metropolis

Thank you Sonar, that's really interesting.

Some special export models (mostly to Canada) were made in 2010 and possibly 2011(?) but were never officially on the domestic sales sheet. I'm not well versed with the export models and they may be more aligned with the Traditional model. There is a mega thread over on the other forum that describes the export.

I bought a 2016 "Standard 50s Faded" for my father but have found no references to it anywhere on Gibson's site. It's legit and sold by a very large UK Gibson dealer so perhaps it was a limited run that only made it to certain dealers. It's a plain top rather than the earlier flamed models and is a different colour but is the same satin finish which is why I took the plunge on it. It's the one on the right here:

qy1e39s.jpg

sonar

You'll find detailed information on "LP Fadeds" (Standards and Traditionals) and nice pics here: http://joedonner2001.wixsite.com/lespaulfaded

That site has nothing that I haven't already posted about the '05-'08 Faded run over the past 10 years... :hmm

Did you purposely omit the two-piece back as part of the spec? Or the absence of wood filler as a major player of added resonance?

freakin' internet.