• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Rich Robinson 335 Saddle Question

Red Rogue

The guitar should be original and Eric Coleman installed a ABR-1 with brass saddles. Why?
I`ve lent a brass-saddle ABR to a friend with a `63 reissue 335. He didn`t liked the sound, because it became a bit harsh, as he told me.

wmachine

I didn't see saddle material in the specs for RR 335, but I don't think they'd be nylon. The nylon has been recently used on the reissues, and the the RR is not a reissue and not built to reissue specs. Nylon would be out of place with a "standard" build with BB pups and all.

Shocktop99

The guitar should be original and Eric Coleman installed a ABR-1 with brass saddles. Why?
I`ve lent a brass-saddle ABR to a friend with a `63 reissue 335. He didn`t liked the sound, because it became a bit harsh, as he told me.

In the comment section of the video link in the OP post, Stewmac(Erick Coleman) replied to a comment that said Rich did indeed want the brass saddles instead of the Nylons to give it more "Bite" Hopefully this clears some of that up why he (Coleman) had changed the bridge!!