• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

cosmetics

Lead

[h=2]cosmetics[/h]
Hey Guys im losing my sh-t ive got a 92 custom that is coming apart ive had it for almost 3 years and baby it ,always set humid temps of 40% but still im getting raised inlays lacquer raising and chipping off the face of the head stock and neck binding cracks at frets. It plays great but im afraid if this continues not only value but play ability may be lost. Im pretty handy a tool guy and love tinkering with stuff just built a les paul guitar kit and it turned out really well. One of the inlay chips on neck at fret end i filled with a peace of binding i was so kindly given by a guitar tech at long and mcquade her in ottawa, canada. i soaked it in acetone and it filled nice but as white and a mach as it was before i started it dried a bit off color. My question to all of my les paul wizards is should i have sourced out a particular binding just for this app? and if you have any answers to my other issues it would be greatly appreciated.​

corpse

You need to get a humidifier for your guitar room- fast.

Lead

Thanks I do have a humidifier running st about 40% . Think I should run it higher.