• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Peter Frampton/Steve Miller Joint Live Album

Midnight Blues

From Billboard:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/8461278/steve-miller-peter-frampton-joint-album-plans

Steve Miller Reveals Plans for Joint Live Album With Tourmate Peter Frampton
6/15/2018 by Gary Graff

steve-miller-live-2016-billboard-1548.jpg

Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
Inductee Steve Miller performs onstage at the 31st Annual Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony at Barclays Center of Brooklyn on April 8, 2016 in New York City.

"Steve Miller and Peter Frampton are in the midst of their second summer touring together, joining forces each night to jam through some blues covers in addition to their own individual sets. And they're planning to give fans a recorded souvenir of those collaborations.

Miller tells Billboard that every show is being recorded and that the two are "putting a record together now" that will showcase their performances of songs such as Freddie King's "Same Old Blues," Elmore James' "Stranger Blues," K.C. Douglas' "Mercury Blues," Otis Rush's "All Your Love (I Miss Loving)" and more. "Jamming together has turned out to be a real interesting thing," Miller says. "We're just having fun. It's an added bonus to the tour, just a really, really great musical combination. [The record] is pretty much everything we've jammed from last year up through this year. ... As we go on we'll add more tunes -- some Muddy Waters things and some Ray Charles things. We're going through all of our favorite blues tunes and playing them."

Should be pretty good!

cincyguitar

After seeing them live last summer...I can't wait for this...they were awesome together!!

SpencerD

Les Paul and Mary Ford spent their honeymoon night at Steve Miller's parents house. He's talked about going to the bathroom at that house that night....he had to walk through the room they were in. :laugh2:

That's a hell of a story right there.

Midnight Blues

Les Paul and Mary Ford spent their honeymoon night at Steve Miller's parents house. He's talked about going to the bathroom at that house that night....he had to walk through the room they were in. :laugh2:

That's a hell of a story right there.

Haven't heard that one and I think what he/you've described will be more than enough. :laugh2:

Texas Blues

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6a6lAwbE1J4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Fly like an eagle.

P90's.

Texas Blues

And then Frampton.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/y7rFYbMhcG8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Who did it better?

Texas Blues

Peter Frampton.

There was a time.

When he made women.

Wetter than a shampoo'd water buffalo.

True story.

Texas Blues

And then came Jacob Peterson.

Steve Miller's guitar player.

I first saw and met him in I think 2004.

At the Uptown Cafe in Port Townsend, WA.

He was playing for Curtis Salgado's band.

I remember he had a Bugera amp.

And hated it.

But he burned the house down.

Dude is a monster.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1KuK_ZjDQM8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Midnight Blues

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

JP's alright and nice tone he has there!

I saw both of those Midnight Specials back in the '70s. I also saw both Frampton and Steve Miller (not together of course) back then too.

I've seen Frampton a bunch of times, a couple of which were before he became GIGANTIC and then the rest afterwards. My wife and I have met him as well a few times. He's been my favorite player since "Humble Pie Performance Rockin' The Fillmore" was released back in '71. It was he and Mark Farner that made me want to start playing guitar.

Thanks for the posts and
cheers.gif