• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Grace under fire....

ourmaninthenorth

Yes Paul, there's yourselves and Big Al that we know of, and others over the years also..........we're all linked in.

Al's honesty has been a revelation in how to deal with my own thing. I'm an extremely private person with stuff like this, and yet this thread is here. Like you allude to, we all take a lead sometimes from those that know the ground better. There are another 3 guys here whom have been simply fantastic in private from the off, I won't name them, being the discrete bastid that I am...:biggrin:

All the best to both of you in the coming month (s).

A colleague of mine is going through the same stuff as Audrey; Chemo etc ….. about to have an operation shortly.

She pops in to work occasionally smiling, laughing and carrying on whilst we're all a bunch of miserable tw*ts……… shame on us :dang

Hope she's still giving you lots of grief as well as milking your wallet :hee

I was streets ahead of her, the wallet was bare.

Done!

Great news!

You guys look great!

Thanks JT, truly.

Here's to Audrey and you!

God bless and get her oot to the rock halls.

Dance 'til the cows come home!

Thanks a million Ren.

Or as Groucho Marx put it...

"I could dance with you 'til the cows come home. On second thought, I'd rather dance with the cows 'til you came home."

Outstanding. Go home now and just be for a bit. Revel in gratitude.

Not much I can add to that Mate. :3zone

That must be a massive relief to you both to complete the chemo, fantastic. Best wishes to Audrey, and yourself of course.

Big Stuff alright Jules. These Sarf Londinium girls are made of the right stuff alright. Hope you're well Pal?

Whew!... God Bless You Both... and continue to keep you both in my strongest of Prayers

I'm eternally grateful for you putting in a word for Us. Be well Friend.

You and Audrey.

You can beat them.

Hopefully for more than one day....

Thanks Brother Texas.

Good news Paul. Best wishes for you both.

:blbros

Nice work Brews Brother, nice tidy work indeed. Stay cool Keith.

:blbros

ourmaninthenorth

OK.

The quick news from the front.

Overarching outcomes from the chemo, CT, blood tumour markers et al are ones of stability.

In this cancer dodge, I'll take that every day of the week.

Been a long year. Finally Audrey can have a rest until we resume further CT's and bloods, and result dependent perhaps further treatment in the new year.

She's OK at present Lads....phew.

Thanks a million for continued grace.

:salude:salude:salude:salude:salude

Texas Blues

So many people.

In this world.

Want to know what real love is.

Well.

Its right here.

In this thread.

You sir.

And Audrey.

Are Love Warriors!

God Bless you both!

ourmaninthenorth

So many people.

In this world.

Want to know what real love is.

Well.

Its right here.

In this thread.

You sir.

And Audrey.

Are Love Warriors!

God Bless you both!

Thank you Brother Texas.

Your words are kindness personified.

Gratefully received, and blessings returned.

:salude:salude

J T

Hey that's the best way to get away from those doctors. Get through it and give them nothing to do.

Great news!

Triburst

So glad to hear that you've managed to get to "stability" through the holidays. You BOTH look good and upbeat, and I hear that's a big part of the fight!

Reno_1ted

Woah, I am bloody miles behind here ! Don't hardly ever come backstage, popped in to see whether a forum meet might be being planned in my absence, and then proceed to read through this amazing thread!

I am glad to join this conversation at a time of stability and some rays of sunlight for you both. Together you stand - strong. Wishing you both well, wishing you both happiness. Hope to see you soon mate.

Alex

ourmaninthenorth

Hey that's the best way to get away from those doctors. Get through it and give them nothing to do.

Great news!

Cheers Jim, I think they're as glad to see the back of me as I am of them.

Thanks for everything over the last few months Friend, it hasn't half made a difference.

Hope you're well?

ourmaninthenorth

So glad to hear that you've managed to get to "stability" through the holidays. You BOTH look good and upbeat, and I hear that's a big part of the fight!

Thanks Guy.

We've brought our best game, every single thing we have. You hear right, I honestly believe it's a big part of it.

To see this Lady laughing in a chemo suite, under real pressure, as an act of sheer defiance against the misery this illness trades in..well, it'd bring tears to a glass eye.

Nearly burst with pride.

Stay cool my Mate

:2cool:2cool

ourmaninthenorth

Woah, I am bloody miles behind here ! Don't hardly ever come backstage, popped in to see whether a forum meet might be being planned in my absence, and then proceed to read through this amazing thread!

I am glad to join this conversation at a time of stability and some rays of sunlight for you both. Together you stand - strong. Wishing you both well, wishing you both happiness. Hope to see you soon mate.

Alex

Alright Alex, how you doing mate?

Yep, it's been a bit rum over the last 18 months, that's for sure.

Thanks for your words, appreciate them.

Hopefully get to have a face to face natter in the not too distant.

Until then mate, stay well.

J T

Cheers Jim, I think they're as glad to see the back of me as I am of them.

Thanks for everything over the last few months Friend, it hasn't half made a difference.

Hope you're well?

Hey there!

I'm on the slow road for some reason. Moving ahead is better than not moving at all, I think.

Groover

Hi Paul

I'm getting this in early :peace2

May I wish you both a Happy and Peaceful Christmas because God knows you've earnt it after all these months.

Sail On

ourmaninthenorth

Hey there!

I'm on the slow road for some reason. Moving ahead is better than not moving at all, I think.

Slow and sure wins the race Jim.

Plus it extends the time to having to cut the grass..

Easy does it my Mate.

:hee

ourmaninthenorth

Hi Paul

I'm getting this in early :peace2

May I wish you both a Happy and Peaceful Christmas because God knows you've earnt it after all these months.

Sail On

Cheers Keith,

And condiments of the season to you and yours too...have a bloody blinder.

Don't know about sail on, I'd settle for kettle on....

Take care Brews Bruvver