• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Is this a "real" Gibson Lifton REISSUE case?

Gasp100

Is this a "real" Gibson Lifton REISSUE case? I recently bought a killer 57RI LP Junior (modded) with a reissue lifton case. I'm selling the case to recoup some funds for mods on my 2014 LP Standard. I actually sold this on Reverb yesterday, but the guy backed out and demanded a refund. What am I missing here, the case is great in very good condition and looks exactly like the Gibson lifton reissue cases that go for more than what I was asking. Please note, I'm not shilling here I'm honestly looking for feedback on the case. But yes, it's up for sale
:jim
IMG_0411.jpg IMG_0415 (1).jpg IMG_0416.jpg IMG_0418.jpg

Gasp100

Although you did not explicitly state it I think you are saying you bought a USED guitar and case. Now you are selling the case as original and find the buyer says the case is not origonal.

Offer him a few bucks to calm him if return shipping is too much to spend.

IMO you are both negligent. Neither of you properly verified the case. Shyt happens.

Not sure exactly what you mean, I'm selling the case simply as a Gibson Lifton Case, reissue as stated in my ad. Nowhere did I say it's brand new... In any case I have added verbiage to indicate I am the second owner of the case and it was USED with a guitar in it LOL.
I also noticed my price is well below what others are asking for the same exact case.
The buyer requested a refund almost immediately and I did not even have time to pack the case, let alone ship it so it's all good.

Funny how the relative cheaper items I sell end up being the most headache.
I do appreciate your quick reply, thank you!

pinefd

The case looks like a nice, legitimate "real" reissue case. The "buyer" is an idiot. Ignore him (after you refund him), and sell the case to someone who will appreciate it.

Frank

toxpert

Buyers remorse. Changed their mind and you as the seller are stuck.
Now you have to refund $ and start all over again. Wasted time on your part.
You should also state a reason in the new auction for why you are resisting.....try to be nice...otherwise some potential buyers may recognize this ‘sold’ item for sale again..and wonder what’s wrong with it.

Gannet

I'm not an expert on the various permutations of reissue Liftons, but that looks just like the older style case I got with my 2002 R9, bought new. But they haven't used those in a long time. The case on my '14 R9, also bought new, has 5 "locking" latches, whereas that style only has one. Probably the buyer was expecting the 5-latch case. They are pretty different when you put them side by side. The 5-latch is bigger and thicker.

J T

Those four photos look like a genuine Lifton case that Gibson guitars are shipped in.

markguitar

Les Paul Forum Member
That case came with a reissue Junior that I just sold the seller. The case is 100% correct and is a Costa Rico brown Lifton reissue case. Quite a bonus included with a $1400.00 Historic Junior reissue.

ghost driver

That case came with a reissue Junior that I just sold the seller. The case is 100% correct and is a Costa Rico brown Lifton reissue case. Quite a bonus included with a $1400.00 Historic Junior reissue.
Well theres someone who knows what he's talking about. Totally agree Mark, nice little bonus for the buyer.
<style></style>