• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Angus Young SG models and pricing

J200george

Hi guys looking for a bit of advice on the range of Angus Young SG models. I’m finding the market quite confusing.

I understand there were two major types of this guitar the first, and I hope i am correct in saying the most desirable was the Vibrola Model. Later models came without the vibrola and had the lightening bolt fret markers.

Ive seem widely varying prices but there are so few for sale that it’s hard to gauge.

Ill be up front on saying i have the vibrola model and might be considering selling. I would however like to pitch the price correctly and also understand what was produced by Gibson and when.

Were there custom shop versions ever made? guess I should contact Gibson direct but I’d like for the sake of the advert, and to know myself exactly what they produced so I’m not misleading anyone.

Anyone got any knowledge on the great mans signature Sg?

Texas Blues

Hi guys looking for a bit of advice on the range of Angus Young SG models. I’m finding the market quite confusing.

I understand there were two major types of this guitar the first, and I hope i am correct in saying the most desirable was the Vibrola Model. Later models came without the vibrola and had the lightening bolt fret markers.

Ive seem widely varying prices but there are so few for sale that it’s hard to gauge.

Ill be up front on saying i have the vibrola model and might be considering selling. I would however like to pitch the price correctly and also understand what was produced by Gibson and when.

Were there custom shop versions ever made? guess I should contact Gibson direct but I’d like for the sake of the advert, and to know myself exactly what they produced so I’m not misleading anyone.

Anyone got any knowledge on the great mans signature Sg?

Don't waste your money.

Because.

Neither you.

Or I can do this.

With an SG.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gEPmA3USJdI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>