• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Advice needed on pickup combo for Epi LP Tribute Plus

William.Adams

Hi everyone,

I have an Epiphone Les Paul 1960 Tribute Plus which has the Gibson '57 Classic humbucker in the neck and '57 Classic Plus in the bridge. It has been professionally set up and I have some other modifications on the way such as Tusq nut, Gotoh tailpiece and bridge.

I’m now onto the pickups but not entirely sure which way to go. Someone suggested that changing the bridge pickup to a Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates would provide a better tone and just bring it to life more.

Firstly, is this a good idea? I’ve read some great things about the Pearly Gates humbuckers.

Secondly, should I put the Pearly Gates in the bridge or the neck?

Thirdly, if I put the Pearly Gates in the bridge, should I take the standard ’57 Classic in the neck and put the ’57 Classic Plus in there instead?

Finally, does anyone know if the Pearly Gates are a direct fit into the Epi LPs?

Thanks in advance! :dude:

Last edited: