• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Patent Sticker question

Pdx

Hello all, new guy here. I’m curious about these pickups. With the chrome covers and chromed pole piece screws, I’m figuring these are post 65. One measures 7.51k the other one is 7.63k. Neither pickup has had the cover off. One has flat head bobbin screws the other has phillip head. Is there any way to figure out if they are T Top or non T Top without taking the covers off? These are in a 65 Gretsch that someone routed out for humbuckers years ago. I’m trying to sell the guitar for a friend and will be selling the pickups separately. What’s the going rate on this old girls?

bRlEIxb.jpg

d5A5NIe.jpg

ct7VfW1.jpg

Also the bridge has an M69 pickup ring that appears to be original. The neck has what appears to be a mid/late 60’s pickup ring. What’s the going rate on the plastics?

My apologies if this in the wrong section.

J.D.

I'd guess mid-later '60 or even early '70s. Won't know for sure until removing the covers, but they're probably worth more with untouched solder joints.

latestarter

What's the guitar? A Gretsch?

Prices are all over the show. An unopened pair should be the optimal way to sell though.

Pdx

Yup. A well worn mid 60’s Tennessean that my friend asked me to sell for him.

TM1

Could you post a photo of the Tennessean here? Reason I ask is 45 years ago I owned a mid Sixties Tenny that I had Neal Moser(BC Rich Guitars co-founder) install a pair of T-Tops into. If it was mine there should be a set of access plates on the back of the body....
Thanks!
BTW, either bobbin screws will be correct. Gibson used steel and brass bobbin screws. some had slot heads and the others had phillips heads. Jon Gundry of throBak did a video clip on the bobbin screws recently on You Tube: https://youtu.be/Q36b5ElF1OE

Pdx

Could you post a photo of the Tennessean here? Reason I ask is 45 years ago I owned a mid Sixties Tenny that I had Neal Moser(BC Rich Guitars co-founder) install a pair of T-Tops into. If it was mine there should be a set of access plates on the back of the body....
Thanks!
BTW, either bobbin screws will be correct. Gibson used steel and brass bobbin screws. some had slot heads and the others had phillips heads. Jon Gundry of throBak did a video clip on the bobbin screws recently on You Tube: https://youtu.be/Q36b5ElF1OE

No extra cuts in the back.

URL]

URL]