• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

2002 Gibson Les Paul Std Limited Edition Mahogany 3 Pickup

Broz

Apparently these guitars came factory stock with 3 Seymour Duncan "Duncan Distortion" pickups. They were made for a limited run in 2002. Does anyone own or have any experience of how it sounds and plays? Thanks.

Attachments

• s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

WytLytnyn

Never played one but a buddy of mine (who sadly has passed on) had one years ago. It was his backup to a 3PU Black Beauty that was his "number" one. Played mainly blues and dabbled in jazz.

IIRC, he liked a SD Jazz as the neck pickup but I don't remember if he swapped the others.

Good luck with your search for one.

Broz

Never played one but a buddy of mine (who sadly has passed on) had one years ago. It was his backup to a 3PU Black Beauty that was his "number" one. Played mainly blues and dabbled in jazz.

IIRC, he liked a SD Jazz as the neck pickup but I don't remember if he swapped the others.

Good luck with your search for one.
Thanks for reply, and sorry to hear about your buddy. After research I've decided to leave this limited edition alone and go for a standard LP. Seems this middle PU can be intrusive to playing, and in most cases not necessary.

BrentD

I played one at Joe's Music in Detroit when they were released. It was way above my pay grade, but was a fantastic guitar.