• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Correct pickups rings for a 1978 Artisan?

samdjr74

Hello All,

I just picked up a really nice 1978 Gibson Les Paul Artisan in walnut with 3 humbuckers. The guitar has some minor changed parts, the knobs being one but the neck pick up ring is the other. My question is, are the pickup rings the same between the neck and middle pickup? I would think not and I'm guessing the middle pickup ring would be slightly taller. Also, is the neck pickup ring on an Artisan the same as a neck pickup ring on a regular 70's custom?

Thanks,
Sam

samdjr74

Same as the triple pup Custom.

Thanks, is the neck pickup ring the same height between a 3 humbucker and 2 humbucker configuration? I ask because I have a few neck pickup rings at the house but they all seem to be fairly tall.

Zentar

It might be less work to replace all three rings as a set than duplicate one of them.

Big Al

The neck ring was quite thin IIRC. Shoot me an email with your address, I still have some 70's rings. I'll send a set when I'm feeling better, [not long the new chemo treatment is kicking my butt], or have my son do it.

You'll owe me a beer.

samdjr74

The neck ring was quite thin IIRC. Shoot me an email with your address, I still have some 70's rings. I'll send a set when I'm feeling better, [not long the new chemo treatment is kicking my butt], or have my son do it.

You'll owe me a beer.

Thanks Al, email sent, thanks and I'll get you a 6 pack :)