The Fender Forum
NEW! LPF Facebook Page
NEW! LPF Instagram Page
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite
    Les Paul Forum Member Ed Driscoll's Avatar

Former NASA engineer designs glitter bomb trap to avenge Amazon delivery theft victim

It's Death Wish, starring Howard Wolowitz:

“Revenge is a dish best served fabulously,” he tweets.

Re: Former NASA engineer designs glitter bomb trap to avenge Amazon delivery theft vi

Now we know how the Mars rovers worked so far past their "warranties." This guy is an engineer's engineer.

Re: Former NASA engineer designs glitter bomb trap to avenge Amazon delivery theft vi

Thanks for that Ed.

I am in the proper Christmas Spirit, now.

Too bad it couldn't launch leprosy.
    Effers.

Quote Originally Posted by corpse View Post
    Effers.
    +1 LOL

Mine would have shot out something more nefarious than glitter and fart spray.

Hate thieves.

Les Paul Forum Member deytookerjaabs's Avatar

Effers.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    +1 LOL

Mine would have shot out something more nefarious than glitter and fart spray.

Hate thieves.

Eh, my buddies Dad used to make him steal cartons of smokes from the local gas station when he was a teen. It was that or get his *** beat so I'm not sure he deserved a carton of leprosy? Some people are just too sheltered to have a clue what it could be like out there but we so hard when we on the 'net

That said, great idea and the engineer was smart enough to not make it lethal/harmful beyond a minor inconvenience. ****ing thieves were clearly not even 'bangers either, jeez, just regular folks with a side of scumbag.

Les Paul Forum Member MeHereNow's Avatar

Goldtop at 8:56
    Get my money, buy my medicine...

Les Paul Forum Member musekatcher's Avatar

Too much, lol. If someone would pay me, I'd retire and do this for a living. Full-time. Discount rates. Comic justice nobody can refute - awesome and brilliant.

The moral of the story is get the tracking number and be home when the package arrives.
    The farther you go, the closer you are.

Quote Originally Posted by J T View Post
    The moral of the story is get the tracking number and be home when the package arrives.
    If you don't work at home, get a lot of packages from Amazon, and live in a big city where Amazon theft is rampant, that can be very difficult to do. Fortunately, Amazon has their locker system in many cities for those people.

Yeah it's a real problem if you can't get the day off or get a neighbor to cover for you.

What I've experienced lately is those lazy ass delivery drivers don't seem to have the desire to lift their finger ring the doorbell. I'm home! Ring the bell dumbass!

Les Paul Forum Member Doc Sausage's Avatar

This was later debunked as a staged event.
    "I don't want to be part of any club that would accept me as a member" - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Sausage View Post
    This was later debunked as a staged event.
    Only partially:

Rober's viral video has been viewed more than 40 million times. It features a highly engineered fake Amazon box that exploded glitter, emitted a stench and recorded supposed thieves reactions – all at once.

Rober said that during the creation of the video, he provided compensation to a "friend of a friend" for placing the bait package on their porch and successfully capturing a thieves reactions.

After internet sleuths closely scrutinized the video and alleged inconsistencies, Rober addressed two reactions, totaling about one-and-a-half minutes in the original video: "It appears (and I've since confirmed) in these two cases, the 'thieves' were actually acquaintances of the person helping me."

The video featured five reactions in total Rober said.

Rober apologized for the error, saying that both the device itself and the reactions it captured after leaving his porch were legitimate: "I know my credibly (sic) is sort of shot but I encourage you to look at the types of videos I've been making for the past 7 years. This is my first ever video with some kind of 'prank' and ... it's pretty removed from my comfort zone. I should have done more. Full stop."
    So it appears most of the reactions were real. And it's still a great idea in terms of punking the punks who steal packages.

Les Paul Forum Member

Effers.
    maybe a quart of muriatic acid

Quote Originally Posted by J T View Post
    Yeah it's a real problem if you can't get the day off or get a neighbor to cover for you.

What I've experienced lately is those lazy ass delivery drivers don't seem to have the desire to lift their finger ring the doorbell. I'm home! Ring the bell dumbass!
    Agree, good observation, none of the deliveries are accompanied by a ring anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Driscoll View Post
    Only partially:

So it appears most of the reactions were real. And it's still a great idea in terms of punking the punks who steal packages.
    This guy is not a journalist, he's just a guy posting funny YouTube videos. Doesn't change anything for me.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    Agree, good observation, none of the deliveries are accompanied by a ring anymore.
    Something interesting today. Kind of windy day today. I picked up a freshly crumpled piece of paper in the yard and was about to toss it into the recycle bin when the corner of the paper caught my eye. "Fedex". I uncrumpled the paper and it was a list of deliveries. It had to be from today because it poured rain last night and the paper was still crisp, not soggy. On the paper was a spreadsheet style list of Names, phones numbers, delivery instructions, and other bits of personal information on who I assume got deliveries today. All the names had checks next to them.

Well it seems that the delivery driver was done with that paper, crumpled it up and tossed it over his shoulder, whistled a happy tune and went on with his day.

They don't give a toot about anyone's personal information.

There ya go.

Needs a mist of thin glue, stinky glue, just before the glitter bomb.