• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

🤘Custom Shop recap....and I'm internet challenged! 😜

CMExchange

Les Paul Forum Sponsor
Hi all!

First off....i THINK this posted correctly in the original thread but wasn't sure so let do this again!

I wanted to give a recap, as much as I can, from my trip to Gibson Custom Shop! IT WAS AWESOME! I took with me, almost every request you all had made. To PROVE this, and that I'm not just saying this; I took a pic of my notes....I had to blank out MOST of it b/c there are things I can't discuss until after NAMM.......that said....I think you will be VERY happy and thrilled with some Gibson announcements at the conference! I'm so excited for them, FOR US, and for the brand!

We handpicked 15 tops for our CME spec'd LP's. Below is one example of the quilt we plan on using for 1959 CME Royal Tea Burst Gloss LP's with (Carmelita neck profile)! They are HUGE tops and not somehting we've typically done, so we wanted to have some fun and branch out.....when you spray the wood with water the pattern just pops! I can't wait to see them finished!🤘

We also built some killer 1957 Brown Back LP Standards with our CME underwound Custom Buckers! Some colors that were requested are being used! Think 1950's car colors! 💥

We did some very special 1968 Custom Builds that I think you are all gonna love! I love Customs and these are gonna be sweet! They are not your typical ebony 68's:)

As I mentioned, our CME serial is much more than us calling in specs and putting letters on headstocks. We spend an enormous amount of time and resources trying to build and design the very best LP's out there. The sky has always been the limit with us so we pull from all perspectives; your input, vintage we've owned/own, past builds, wishlists, and more! Custom Shop is my favorite place on earth and the people that make up this team are so incredibly passionate, knowledgeable, and overall good people. I love them dearly and I look very forward to sharing with you all the work we did this past week!

Joel and I will be making monthly/bimonthly trips to Nashville to continue building and dreaming new ideas. These builds are just as much about YOU as they are about CME, so whatever ideas you have, hit me with em! Just because I posted this once doesn't mean our conversation has to stop. You can email me anytime with any idea and I will take it with me. #Gibson4life

p.s....if you want to see the whole story.....check out my Instagram story here 👉 . https://www.instagram.com/stories/hi...8275383152468/

Davida@chicagomusicexchange.com

46634077671_6103b2592d_b.jpg
[/URL]

Dan#1287

Thanks for the update David, I'll bet it was a fun day out!

Do please keep us posted with progress on these........

garywright

I see Batwing SG on your notes ..anything happening with that

CMExchange

Les Paul Forum Sponsor
That last one is beautiful! Royal Teaburst, isn't it? I wasn't active on here for quite a while now, but I'm looking forward to hearing more about your visits at the Custom Shop.

This one is smokin! Thank you for the nice words! I'm excited to share the new guitars and builds with everyone!--David A

garywright

thanks David but that isnt what i posted as a unique custom shop model suggestion ...pass