• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

What color is Jimmy Page Number 1 guitar? Lightburst or Ice tea burst?

jalexquijano

Anybody knows what color is Jimmy Page number 1 guitar? The one that he uses in the song remains movie based on 1972 - 1973 Madison Square Garden gigs!

Thundermtn

Cherry Sunburst, faded to probably Iced Tea or a darker Honey Burst, depending on the light and the age of the photo it could be called a half dozen other finishes too.

El Gringo

I've never heard of this color. Please explain. :hmm

And as Thundermtn said, Page's Burst is a cherry sunburst, like that vast majority of Bursts.
When I purchased my brand new 2014 R9 from Dave's Guitar (# 94645) I was told and it was on the ad page that the color listed was called Factory Burst . The shade of burst to me resembled Jimmy Page Sunburst Les Paul ,for instance like the one in the film The Song Remains the Same . I had photos of it posted here on the forum but Photoshop messed that up ,unless they are somehow still visible .

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
When I purchased my brand new 2014 R9 from Dave's Guitar (# 94645) I was told and it was on the ad page that the color listed was called Factory Burst . The shade of burst to me resembled Jimmy Page Sunburst Les Paul ,for instance like the one in the film The Song Remains the Same . I had photos of it posted here on the forum but Photoshop messed that up ,unless they are somehow still visible .

So, it is a modern term and never used for Bursts.
Since Jimmy's guitar is a Burst, it couldn't be that color.

BTW: Happy Birthday Mr. Page! :yah

Cliff Gress

qredkW0.jpg

brandtkronholm

Hey, is that guy with the 'fro holding up a smartphone? Is this evidence of time travel?

...we're though the looking glass people...:pop

(At the very least, one person in this picture is a traveler of both time and space...:spabout)

J.D.

There's a limbo stick on the stage right behind him if you look closely :spabout

Ed Driscoll

Les Paul Forum Member
Hey, is that guy with the 'fro holding up a smartphone? Is this evidence of time travel?

...we're though the looking glass people...:pop

(At the very least, one person in this picture is a traveler of both time and space...:spabout)

That last sentence is definitely true, ;) but to my eyes, the fella in the audience looks like he’s holding up a pint of booze. It also answers the question of the color of Page’s guitar. Based on the colors in the photo, it’s definitely an early Silverburst. :hee