• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Is Sandy (or another realy CC) still relevant?

GibbyLover

Hi, I'm wondering if the early CC's are still as relevant as they were.
Back in the time Sandy was sold out in no time. The early ones gained value and are very popular.
Nowadays there are (too?) many CC's, so there is much more to choose from.
On paper Sandy might have a laminated fretboard, while newer ones have true historic specs.
I get that some CC represent well known and loved bursts, and some were aged by Mr. Murphy.

Would you buy a Sandy for +-1000€ more than for example a CC#43, which is a TH?

PS: not saying any guitar is worse than another, just comparing values.

Tim Plains

The same can be said about any older reissue.
Is a 2001 R9 relevant when you compare it to a new one?
Is an older signature reissue still relevant?
Only you can decide if they are worth the extra money.

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Sandy and Donna copies are very relevant to me, as I gig with them. :salude

sws1

You need to find out what the "sold for" prices on those early CCs are...not just what people are asking. They may be very different numbers.

GibbyLover

@sws1: the price difference is from 2 negociated prices for 2 guitars for sale.

@Tim Plains: I'm glad you're still using them.

I played the Sandy some time ago. At the time I prefered the sound of his CC14. Now I get maybe the last opportunity to buy Sandy after all. I like CC43 on paper, I haven't played it yet. Ofcource It'll be my call, but many guys here are more up-to-date with the trends etc. That was the reason I'm asking.

El Gringo

The way I answer this question is if the headstock logo says Gibson with the silk screened signature of Les Paul -then it is very important to me and thus desirable !

J T

Sandy and Donna copies are very relevant to me, as I gig with them. :salude

I love my Sandy!

So that's relevant!

(Thanks for working with Gibson on the Sandy CC model, Tom :salude
I still would like to have you sign mine
:jim)

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
I love my Sandy!

So that's relevant!

(Thanks for working with Gibson on the Sandy CC model, Tom :salude
I still would like to have you sign mine
:jim)

I'd be glad to sign it.
Just got to meet up. :salude
[therein lies the rub :ganz]

J T

Relevant?
:)

sL8SEy5.jpg

(It's not a photo of
a
Sandy, it's
my
Sandy)

GibbyLover

Thanks for all the thoughts.
It's still my call, but I can feel the love for Sandy in particular.
I have the feeling the newer CC's might be a 'better' guitar, at least on paper, but are considered a bit 'just another one'. All my perspective and I just have to consider what I want most :hmm
Anyone played both CC's?

Redwine

I almost made a new thread regarding Sandy until I saw this.

Scrolling through these pictures have made me both drool and extremely jealous.

I've been searching for CC4 for a while now and haven't seen one pop up for sale anywhere and was curious if anyone knew of any other sources that might have one?

I had the JB Skinnerburst vos and played CC4 right before picking up Skinner and always regretted not getting both, but it just wasn't in my pocketbook being 19 years old and used all of my money I had won between 4 rodeos on skinner just to sell it later for more entry fee money :##. Whatever it takes, right? :hank

Thanks in advance fellas!

duaneflowers

I love my CCs... I stopped buying them when they started pumping out new ones every other week and lost their uniqueness. The early ones will always be relevant and special to me...

49946825_10217236988453346_6659923756879708160_o.jpg

GibbyLover

@Duaneflowerds, offtopic (I can beccause it's my topic, right :bigal)
Which one is the 5th LP from the left, I like it?
Your CC#3 looks better than mine.
I was wondering how you use the combos with the controls on top, when something sits on it. I'm looking for a compact system to stack combos, but with the ability to access the controls on top.

duaneflowers

@Duaneflowerds, offtopic (I can beccause it's my topic, right :bigal)
Which one is the 5th LP from the left, I like it?
Your CC#3 looks better than mine.
I was wondering how you use the combos with the controls on top, when something sits on it. I'm looking for a compact system to stack combos, but with the ability to access the controls on top.

L>R CC#2,CC#16,CC#1,CC#2,CC#8,CC#4,CC#7,CC#3

The amps were just stacked that way for cleaning and their periodic photoshoot... nowadays the Kemper gets 99% of my playtime and the BJIII gets the other 5% (I was never very good at math)... :spabout

iknowpeanuts

If we keep talking about it, it will still be relevant.. after all it’s one of the most recognisable bursts. So I guess it will still stand up against the newer, more ‘accurate’ histories. end of the day, all things equal it’s all about the stories after all...

P.S. @ J T hello fellow 004 brother!

P.P.S. Sorry for the slight hijack but I find the back of my Sandy exceptionally bright red. Will the dye fade a little if I put it under the sun and is this a bad idea?

J T

If we keep talking about it, it will still be relevant.. after all it’s one of the most recognisable bursts. So I guess it will still stand up against the newer, more ‘accurate’ histories. end of the day, all things equal it’s all about the stories after all...

P.S. @ J T hello fellow 004 brother!

P.P.S. Sorry for the slight hijack but I find the back of my Sandy exceptionally bright red. Will the dye fade a little if I put it under the sun and is this a bad idea?

Hey! :eek:la

Do you have "A"?

As far as the red back, I don't see mine is any different than any of my other R9's.
BTW, don't let your guitar heat up in the sun for too long as that will be bad for the guitar.