• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Screw Sticking Out Of Pickup.

Needham

Just got my first LP a week and a half ago. The bridge pickup is a Burst Bucker 61T and the other day I noticed that the screw is sticking out of the hole a tad bit in between the e and B strings. Is this normal? It would be almost impossible to knick my hand against it but just incase I would rather it be seated back into the hole. Thanks!

Picture: https://imgur.com/Htd7SDp

Zentar

That screw holds the plastic bobbin to the base plate.

Personally I would ignore that tiny bit of protrusion of that screw. I wouldn't do anything. But you won't hurt anything by turning that screw out a teeny tiny bit. You could even take out that screw and use a file to shorten it by a whisker and reinstall it.

kevinkjs

The pickup screws are generally used to equalize the volume of each string as it is plucked. Since pickup windings and
string guages vary, you can adjust each string volume individually. Some people try to adjust the screws to kind of match
the 12" radius of the fretboard, then fine tune each string using the screws. My 1999 Standards B and E strings sounded
weak on my guitar. I raised the screws to increase the volume so chords would sound more balanced and not too bass
heavy. I've seen guitars with all kinds of staggered screw heights. Your guitar has many points that can be tweaked to
your sound, tone and playing feel. Check out more info on youtube and you'll be surprised at the difference these things
can improve your sound. Cheers.