• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Ed King Collection at Carter's

SpencerD

Isbell + Redeye = Holy Fucking Shit !:peace2

He's one of us.

Last edited:

sws1

Serious question: Can a working musician like Isbell write such a purchase off taxes, since it is work-related item? At that price that would make quite a difference :hmm

I would think so. But I know some of the rules about what "tools and expenses" that can be deducted changed with the recent tax law.

Cyphex

I wanted this one since Ed and I spoke about it several years ago. When I first heard of it going to Carters, I went to work to acquire it. I appreciate Christie and Sharon for working with me on it. Good folks. If it’s Ed approved, that’s good enough for me. And it will be most appreciated in the Lounge.

Congratulations @fried_okra ! Hopefully you will post a lot of pictures of this all gold beauty some day in the near future here on LPF! :salude

Last edited:

Rex Carlson

I would think so. But I know some of the rules about what "tools and expenses" that can be deducted changed with the recent tax law.

This is true but an uphill battle - there are exceptions and specific rules for works of art and collectibles so I'd be careful and be prepared to defend my position. I'm sure there has to be another guitar player who has attempted this and there might even be rulings on point. Absent a specific prohibition in law, making the argument the asset is germane to the artist's business purpose (tone or signature sound) would be a valid argument for a professional player, falling on the side of a reasonable and necessary business expense. I'd do my research and document all the items on my side of the scale and differentiate those on the other so if it's challenged and reversed, you have so-called "substantial authority" and won't be penalized.

Last edited:

CDaughtry

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner and Moderator
I got Ed's 64 SG that he loved. It has a cool silver truss rod cover with "Edw. King" engraved on it. It's a killer playing and sounding guitar. I had to have something to remember Ed by. I'll post pics soon. I posted a phone photo on the lespaulforum Instagram page several days ago.:jim

Cyphex

I got Ed's 64 SG that he loved. It has a cool silver truss rod cover with "Edw. King" engraved on it. It's a killer playing and sounding guitar. I had to have something to remember Ed by. I'll post pics soon. I posted a phone photo on the lespaulforum Instagram page several days ago.:jim

@lespaulforum «Hearted» the Instagram post:salude Looking forward to some CD’fied pictures here soon!