• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Replacement case for 1959 LP Junior Doublecut?

DaveNJ

Hi all, I recently got a 59 Junior DC which is awesome but the case (not original) is pretty beat up with a broken handle, etc. I want to get a replacement but I need to find out which one would have the right fit (in other words, I don't want to have to put a t-shirt under the body to have it sit in the case right and have the neck and headstock supported properly). Are there particular brands and models I should be looking at? Thanks!

Here it is...

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
I keep all of my Juniors [and Specials] in Gibson Gen1 Protector Cases.
And you'll probably want to add a small rag at the headstock, as we all do. :salude

DaveNJ

I keep all of my Juniors [and Specials] in Gibson Gen1 Protector Cases.
And you'll probably want to add a small rag at the headstock, as we all do. :salude

Ahh, the old Chainsaw - yes! Now, I'll look for one, but are there others which maybe a little bit easier to find?

P.Walker

Protector cases and the black gibson cs case would be my choice :)

none2low

I can recommend either the TKL 7824 or TKL 8824. The latter is a bit more robust with the added front neck support, but both should work without issue and do not require the use of a t-shirt or towel.

jrgtr42

There are a lot of good case manufacturers out there, and most will have something to fit this guitar, be it SKB, TKL, even Gibson themselves.
Of course, if you go for a high-end case, they may even tailor the fit for your specifc guitar. That will cost money, but it may be worth it, depending on how much you plan to carry it around.