• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Fingers are trashed

TcRoc

No idea if this is right place.. feel free to move appropriate section.
I practice alot... everyday but have been really going at it for a few days trying to lock down a couple leads for a upcoming gig,, at the point of cool got the leads where I want them... now I can hardly play my fingers hurt so bad... anyone one have a magic way on how to get them feeling better like ASAP. Thinking hand lotion not a good idea as I don't want them to soften as afraid they will blister when I play.. no clue if there is even anything I should put on them

Wallace

Bathe in warm water and give the muscles and tendons some time off.

Don

If it's muscle/tendon/joint, etc.. pain, I like CDB balm. As far as actual skin issues, I'm not sure. Maybe lighter playing for a few days. Maybe enough to keep the callouses and skills but not enough to cause damage.

J.D.

Didn't SRV put super glue on his fingertips when he shredded up his skin?

TcRoc

Didn't SRV put super glue on his fingertips when he shredded up his skin?

Thats what I hear..

I have Carpal Tunnel but the issue is my fingertips are mauled ,, they are calloused from playing as usual but been playing so much they are screwed and sore to touch. Have rehearsal tonight that will be light playing and probably not fun ,,,tomorrow night is my concern... Just wondered if anyone had a quick remedy to help my digits do there thing without me crying like a baby doing it lol

musekatcher

Joints or bruising? FYI, practicing that much uses up all your reserve and capacity, and tears down the muscle, and softens the tissues in the joints. You need to provide time for regeneration of muscle and tissue rebuild - or - never use up all your strength to begin with. That's why marathon practicing isn't a good idea. If you did weight training daily on the same muscles, you'd never get any stronger, because they never rebuild.

If its fingertip bruising, yes super glue works well. Also, I bought some rubbery finger tip protectors intended for musicians, and they actually work pretty well. They look goofy though. In an emergency, I'd have no issue using them.

If its joints, take an anti-inflammatory over the counter.

And analyze your practice time, stretch it out over days, and limit the hours a day, or go to two-a-days or something.

lillamy

I used to apply Kokum Butter (bought it here) on my fingertips and try to have a 1-2 days break from playing. Butter helps skin to recover faster.