• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Les Paul Mods in/around Boston / New England

TradProPlus17

Hello LPF,
Looking to see if you guys could recommend anybody in or around Boston / New England, for mods on a Les Paul. I’m just looking to replace my push/push pots, and possible put new pickups in. Also if anybody could recommend a wiring kit , it’d be much appreciated .

EpiLP1985

Hello LPF,
Looking to see if you guys could recommend anybody in or around Boston / New England, for mods on a Les Paul. I’m just looking to replace my push/push pots, and possible put new pickups in. Also if anybody could recommend a wiring kit , it’d be much appreciated .

Soldering is a skill that will truly save you quite a bit of money. For the prices a professional will charge you, you would be better served learning how to do it yourself. It's also cheaper to source individual components rather than a pre-wired harness.

OTOH, I totally understand that some folks arent interested in the work involved.

ChevChelios

I haven't done any work on customer guitars since we moved from Seattle to Beverly, MA, but I/we used to do loads of upgrading work, mostly with our own pickups and/or pots/harnesses. We don't have an open shop anymore, but might be able to help another LPF brother :salude

Check out vintageinspiredpickups.com for more info and/or shoot me a message.

El Gringo

Places I would recommend for wiring harness are Creamtone or Throbak and MGL .

TradProPlus17

So far I have Steve Morrill, who is highly respected, though probably very busy. If anybody knows other people, please leave the info, thanks lpf