• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

The Jungle Show - Billy, Jimmie, Sue & Chris

57gold

Caught them this Friday at Antone's. My young adult sone and daughter really enjoyed seeing legendary ZZ Top songs played by the master. My wife enjoyed Jimmie, who was on fire that night. She could hear echoes of SRV in his bends and phrasing. She had seen SRV in August of 1988 on the Hudson River Pier whilst expecting my son and was amazed by his intensity...said, "he really loves to play that guitar!"

Not sure what Billy was playing, not this SG, but and SG shaped instrument with a V headstock and a stripped side-to-side tremolo:

Billy+Gibbons+Sue+Foley+Jungle+Show+III+Featuring+qJ3GSTNVAD0l.jpg

OK, found an image:

70201_0_wide_ver1513704562.jpg@642

Believe this is Jimmie's long time axe:

Jimmie+Vaughan+Jungle+Show+III+Featuring+Billy+BTwP1UXd_3Cl.jpg

Great hour and 45 minutes of blues, boogie and swampy rock!

Visited Collings, Austin Guitar house and caught a short set by Bobby Whitlock and Coco doing his co-authored Dominos tunes, also a great show. With the 50th anniversary of Layla coming up, hope EC, Bobby and Derek Trucks (sitting in for Duane, and he knows and performs the tunes) will do a couple of shows running through that great album. Bobby still has that voice!

Last edited: