• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Happy new Year!

BrandonH

Hey all, happy 2019! Hope it was a rocking good time! Mine was more of a rolling one... Rolled my ankle at our gig. I'd butted my new 2x12 marshall cab up too close to the wall. I was excited to get my old 2550 head out for the first time in years since I started playing with amps mic'd due to my drummer being a particular sound guy, as well.

I went to stand up on on it and then jump off, like I normally do several times a set. Because if people wanted nothing to look at, they'd just play the juke box. I'm used to my Fender Deluxe, with enough room on either side to balance, and it's heavy weight lowering the center of gravity. I almost ate shit with my 1970 Gold Top in hand in the first of 3 sets.

I opted to sprain my ankle, rather than destroy my guitar or the drum kit. I did it for the fans.

And, for the curious among you, no, the cabinet did not slam into the floor, nor did the mic lose its position (after everything stopped bouncing back and forth after my tumble). And, yes, I kept playing the solo the whole time. The excruciating look on my face just made it look more intense.

Just got home and got the shoes off. Sucker is swollen good. Confident it's not a break, so going to RICE that bad boy on my day off tomorrow.

Grinning and bearing it through 3 hour long sets with an ankle that was sprained wasn't great. I think I botched it up further in the last song. But eh, that's rock and roll. Word to the wise, though. When you sprain your ankle nearly falling off an unstable cabinet, don't keep going wild jumping off shit to mess with it further. Turns out that makes things a lot worse. Crazy, right!? (Ohhhh, the wise siren song of Ethyl Alcohol, and youthful angst lasting way too long into your twenties!)

Hope y'all's New Years Eve fucking rocked, and was better than mine was for your health! If you'll excuse me, I'm having a night cap beer so I can sleep with the pain!

Last edited:

renderit

Whoopsie!

Hope you get better.

It's all for ROCK N' ROLL!

Ed Driscoll

Les Paul Forum Member
Happy New Year to everyone at the LPF.

I'm sorry for your injury Brandon, but 2019 is only going to get better for you as it mends. Stay strong! :dude:

RayPou

All the new year 2019 guys. I plan to do a big concert tour of Las Vegas with my rock band. If you live in Vegas, advise to come, it will be very cool. In our blog https://best-vegas.com/las-vegas-strip-map-2019/ you can see where to find us.. All the more passion, good music and rock and roll in the new year:yah:dude: