• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Pearly 1976!

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
I have one of those "Rio Grande" 4x12 cabs and it's a bit lighter than a Marshall. They are front loaded so no 4x4 center post, may be part of the reason it felt lighter to me than my vintage Marshall cab.

IMG_0392_1.jpg

What happened to the Rio Grande logos? :hmm

mistersnappy

I was lucky enough to have seen them around that time, good stuff!
This clip makes me feel better about my band tending to rush the tempo on Chevrolet:dang

The tempos were all over the place on the tapes I've heard. Musta been something in the water...:spabout

DucRyder

mistersnappy

I purchased this one from Lance... here's what he had to say about mine back in 2009 on TGP

"I used to own one.
The ones that are floating around never had logos.
There were 2 2-12's and 2 4-12's that billy gave to keith furgeson from the Thumderbirds.
That photo is one of those."

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/billy-gibbons-rio-grande-4x12.495066/

Thats badass. Love Keith! He sadly probably pawned them. Spelled "Ferguson", btw. :dude::salude

Doc Sausage

Right around this time I bought the Fandango LP. I decided my Marantz stereo wasn’t load enough so I figured out how to blast it for the neighbors through my Fender Tremolux amp. Figgered it was the only way to do ZZ justice! :dude: (I let that amp get away : /)