• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Inlays lifting on brand new les paul

as1

I bought a 2018 les paul standard from a seller in Florida and had it shipped to me in Oregon. Over the last couple weeks I noticed that the inlays on both the 12th and 9th fret I can feel the edge with my finger when bending strings. They seem to be lifting up on one side. I suspect this is due to the climate change and doing something to the wood. Guitar plays excellent otherwise. How serious of an issue is this. Simple fix from my local luthier or signs of a bigger issue?

Zentar

This is a perfect time to take it to a luthier for intonation, truss rod adjustment and let him smooth out the inlays. This is not an expensive job

as1

This is a perfect time to take it to a luthier for intonation, truss rod adjustment and let him smooth out the inlays. This is not an expensive job

Thanks I will do that. Any idea as to why it’s doing this though? Never had a guitar do this before.

grimlyflick

Send it back to Gibson, it will be covered under the lifetime warranty. They will fix it FOC.
:salude

P.Walker

Thanks I will do that. Any idea as to why it’s doing this though? Never had a guitar do this before.

temperature/humidity.

Glue it down, or have someone else do it.

Unless you have many other guitars, I wouldn't really waste time corresponding with gibson back and forth (not that I find them unresponsive; in fact the opposite), but because the problem is almost too trivial to ship across, imo.