• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Green day tone

nikhilsanju

Hi all.

I hope you're all doing great. Just had a little doubt that I wanted to ask.

Recently, a couple friends and I were playing songs. We were planning on doing some Green Day stuff. I just wanted some help with the tone.

I have an Epiphone LP STD Plus top Pro. And a boss ds2 distortion pedal. If anyone has any experience using the ds2 or maybe even the ds1, can you please help me dial in the right settings please. I did see many YouTube videos of guitar covers and seems like many use the ds1 in their gear. But I couldn't get that tone. I'd love to use some help.

Ohh and thanks a lot in advance! :)

J.D.

I think a lot of BJA's tone comes from a LP Jr P90 :jim

nikhilsanju

Yes that's true. I had option to choose between a used lpj for $699. But I decided on the epi because it sounded great and has two humbucking pickups. It's useful for a variety of styles of music.

The lpj might have restricted the variety of music. But I thought that any Gibson guitar can get me that green day tone. Infact Billie and Jason use a lotta Gibson's. And I can tell you that the epi lp STD pro sounds great with those pro buckers. You can get real close to a Gibson.

I might upgrade the pickups some time later though.

corpse

Put the PU selector in the middle, put the tone on both at about 7. Set the bridge volume at 9-10 and the neck at 6-7.
Season to taste.