• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Tufnel Burst

grimlyflick

Apologies if this has been discussed recently, I did a search but nothing jumped out.

I saw a Facebook post with the famous clip from Spinal Tap of Nigel with his 59’, where is this guitar now, and has it had any other famous owners?

sws1

Apologies if this has been discussed recently, I did a search but nothing jumped out.

I saw a Facebook post with the famous clip from Spinal Tap of Nigel with his 59’, where is this guitar now, and has it had any other famous owners?

It was owned by Norm's and was loaned to the movie. That's sorta famous.

jimmi

The guy who originally owned it posts on the other forum. Sold it for $5k? Which was a lot back then. Of course deeply regrets it now.

Steve Craw

Formerly Lefty Elmo
Uncle Lou had that burst for sale a while back. IIRC, that guitar was in a magazine ad as well, though I forget what the product was. I think it might have been for JBL speakers.