• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Fender Custom Shop Twisted Tele set.

joebloggs

Good day all. Just wondering if anyone here has a set of these. I know they are different from the Baja Twisted neck/Nocaster bridge combo(this is from the Mexican custom shop) whereas the Twisted Tele set is from USA Custom Shop. Anyone here have any playing time with these? Thanks.

renderit

That is what my Wildwood 10-51 Nocaster has. I like them. You can hear Greg playing them on Wildwoods site.

35503417343_362d9ae794_k.jpg

joebloggs

That is what my Wildwood 10-51 Nocaster has. I like them. You can hear Greg playing them on Wildwoods site.

Thanks renderit, I will definitely check that out. Although Greg Koch could make a 20 dollar Wal-Mart special guitar sound good. :) The man's a beast of a player.

RocknRollShakeUp

I've got a set in a Wildwood Thin Skin 64 reissue.

There is a lot to like in these pickups but they run hot. The bridge is 10k and it is on the darker sounding side as far as tele bridge pickups go. Great fat, loud, dark twang, still plenty bright and clangy with a vintage bridge, and less clangy and darker with a Gotoh Modern Brass 5 saddle bridge.

The neck pickup is very strat-like sounding, and that could be either good or bad, depending on what you are looking for.

I am getting mine wired esquire/broadcaster style with a blend pot vs a tone pot to see how that works for me, as I anticipate I'll be using position 1, with a bit of neck blended in.

If you want a very chimey, clear sounding, bridge pickup with less prominent mids , or a thinner twangy Bakersfield sort of twang, I would not go with these pickups personally, I'd go for a less hot, more traditional vintage Tele pickups.

The Twisted Tele's are perfect for Darker more swampy twang, to Led Zeppelin I tones on the bridge pickup. The middle position is pretty scooped sounding, and would work great for funk, but I feel like I would like more girth in that position.

This post is all over the place, but I only have a few min. but I thought I'd chime in. I hope this helps.

joebloggs

I've got a set in a Wildwood Thin Skin 64 reissue.

There is a lot to like in these pickups but they run hot. The bridge is 10k and it is on the darker sounding side as far as tele bridge pickups go. Great fat, loud, dark twang, still plenty bright and clangy with a vintage bridge, and less clangy and darker with a Gotoh Modern Brass 5 saddle bridge.

The neck pickup is very strat-like sounding, and that could be either good or bad, depending on what you are looking for.

I am getting mine wired esquire/broadcaster style with a blend pot vs a tone pot to see how that works for me, as I anticipate I'll be using position 1, with a bit of neck blended in.

If you want a very chimey, clear sounding, bridge pickup with less prominent mids , or a thinner twangy Bakersfield sort of twang, I would not go with these pickups personally, I'd go for a less hot, more traditional vintage Tele pickups.

The Twisted Tele's are perfect for Darker more swampy twang, to Led Zeppelin I tones on the bridge pickup. The middle position is pretty scooped sounding, and would work great for funk, but I feel like I would like more girth in that position.

This post is all over the place, but I only have a few min. but I thought I'd chime in. I hope this helps.

No RocknRollShakeup, that's great info. I did manage to try a Custom Shop Tele with TT s and liked them a lot. I will be putting in a set in my Elite as I am not too fond of the 4th Gen noiseless/S1 switch, and was looking for other opinions. I much prefer the traditional 3 position setup. Thanks.

RocknRollShakeUp

No RocknRollShakeup, that's great info. I did manage to try a Custom Shop Tele with TT s and liked them a lot. I will be putting in a set in my Elite as I am not too fond of the 4th Gen noiseless/S1 switch, and was looking for other opinions. I much prefer the traditional 3 position setup. Thanks.

Awesome, let us know how they work out for you.

renderit

My Grosh (bought used) has what are labelled as 'BS' on the build sheet. These are simply awesome, though I don't know what they are...

36123734890_642b07ef00_b.jpg

36123735360_6784a5664f_b.jpg

El Gringo

You have such beautiful guitars , and I love them ! (your photography skills are top notch ! can you photograph my guitars and amps ? )