• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1964 Fender Jazzmaster

latestarter

This popped up recently on our local selling web site and I was lucky enough to win the auction.

I have re-fretted it and it is playing and sounding very nice. Pickups read 9K for the bridge and 8.4K for the neck.

I like the wear and large neck profile. Body dates to Dec '63 and the pots '64, so early '64 is when it probably hit the store. I won't clean off the 54 year old gunk on it.

A Mastery bridge is sitting on the workbench waiting to be installed.

b3C2tsq.jpg

eHua3G6.jpg

pHquFia.jpg

X51Kl7z.jpg

zhivago

Very cool JM!

I love the pickguard on this one! :salude

J T

Nice! Enjoy!:hank

I have a Mastery bridge on my Jaguar. It's a great upgrade!

O9OAgLo.jpg

latestarter

Cool geetar! I love Jazzmasters! :dude:

Thanks, and I'm with you there Mike. I am playing this thing a lot. I am not really that great with Fender guitars, but this is something else. The tone is more P90 for sure but has the top end cut through that Fenders intrinsically have...I love it!

zombiwoof

I remember a time when they were practically giving Jazzmasters and Jaguars away, times sure have changed.
That one is a beaut! (not to be confused with a "butte").
Also Big but Nice Al

Ace139

Sorry to Hi-Jack - but I’ve got Fender off set GAS and “Latestarter” that guitar just buckled my knees. The pickgaurd is beautiful.

Would you buy vintage or Fender Custom Shop relic with the 9.25 radius ? Prices are pretty close.

Thanks

And CONGRATS on a sweet guitar:dude:

latestarter

Sorry to Hi-Jack - but I’ve got Fender off set GAS and “Latestarter” that guitar just buckled my knees. The pickgaurd is beautiful.

Would you buy vintage or Fender Custom Shop relic with the 9.25 radius ? Prices are pretty close.

Thanks

And CONGRATS on a sweet guitar:dude:

Thanks!

Well, I'm a vintage guy so my opinion is biased. A properly fretted and setup 7.25 radius works just fine. I have played a number of the newer Fender JM's and none of them struck me as having the wow factor - the pickups seem to be missing some woodiness and depth compared to these.

I'd go non-bound vintage JM if it's in the scope of your budget. All the best!

EDIT: The original bridges don't do it for me. I have found the Mustang bridge is good (once the poles have been taped to widen), but the Mastery is the best and worht the money.

RocknRollShakeUp

Cool Jazzmaster congratulations!

Checkout the Staytrem bridge also, modern functionality but looks and behaves more vintage accurate. I’ve had them on a Jag and currently have one on a Jazzmaster. Johnny Marr uses it on his
Jag-uuu-ahrs.

latestarter

From the Staytrem site

"Due to a change in circumstances we have reduced our production to just 20% of our previous output. As a consequence of this we will have a very limited amount of stock which will only be sufficient to supply within the UK and we will no longer be shipping worldwide.

Orders placed on the website will be accepted from UK residents only.

There is also a limit to the amount of products that can be ordered.

We would kindly ask that you do not purchase our products for the purpose of re-selling on internet sites etc, thank you."
<body id="cke_pastebin" style="position: absolute; top: 0px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow: hidden; left: -1000px;">Due to a change in circumstances we have reduced our production to just 20% of our previous output. As a consequence of this we will have a very limited amount of stock which will only be sufficient to supply within the UK and we will no longer be shipping worldwide.
We would kindly ask that you do not purchase our products for the purpose of re-selling on internet sites etc, thank you.
Due to a change in circumstances we have reduced our production to just 20% of our previous output. As a consequence of this we will have a very limited amount of stock which will only be sufficient to supply within the UK and we will no longer be shipping worldwide.
We would kindly ask that you do not purchase our products for the purpose of re-selling on internet sites etc, thank you.
Due to a change in circumstances we have reduced our production to just 20% of our previous output. As a consequence of this we will have a very limited amount of stock which will only be sufficient to supply within the UK and we will no longer be shipping worldwide.
</body>