• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Max/Hague Gibson 1959 Les Paul Replica with Historic Makeovers finish-Brazilian

brandtkronholm

This one does not have pictures of the headstock or serial number.

However, I cannot help but notice that the pickups have stickers identifying them as NOT Gibson products.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Max-Hague-Gibson-1959-Les-Paul-Replica-with-Historic-Makeovers-finish-Brazilian/223272144053?hash=item33fc0e8cb5:g:ajoAAOSw0xtcBdFF:rk:15:pf:0

From a luthier's point of view, I suppose I get it. Can one of the ultimate electric guitars be re-created outside the sphere of Gibson? (Up to but not including the headstock logos and serial number!)

From a professional player's point of view, I suppose I get it. If it has the sound, then it must be played, all other cares are secondary. (Slash?)

From any other point of view, be it collector, non-professional musician, etc., it makes no sense. Gibson has been making amazing reissue Les Pauls for so many years (with correct logos and serial numbers!) that if you try, try, try and still can't find a reissue Les Paul that has the sound you're looking for - then you're just doing something wrong. Try a Paul Reed Smith. (I like PRS...)

It just seems downright deceptive and false...and expensive!

Pellman73

This one does not have pictures of the headstock or serial number.

However, I cannot help but notice that the pickups have stickers identifying them as NOT Gibson products.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Max-Hague-...=item33fc0e8cb5:g:ajoAAOSw0xtcBdFF:rk:15:pf:0

From a luthier's point of view, I suppose I get it. Can one of the ultimate electric guitars be re-created outside the sphere of Gibson? (Up to but not including the headstock logos and serial number!)

From a professional player's point of view, I suppose I get it. If it has the sound, then it must be played, all other cares are secondary. (Slash?)

From any other point of view, be it collector, non-professional musician, etc., it makes no sense. Gibson has been making amazing reissue Les Pauls for so many years (with correct logos and serial numbers!) that if you try, try, try and still can't find a reissue Les Paul that has the sound you're looking for - then you're just doing something wrong. Try a Paul Reed Smith. (I like PRS...)

It just seems downright deceptive and false...and expensive!

gone.... can't see it anymore